It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:06 am 

It may seem a silly question to ask, however I am old school and tend to carry around hard copy army lists and rules books rather than digital copies.

I know that Prodos have a release schedule with a thread showing what is likely to released in the first half of 2016. With their forethought about miniatures to released at a later stage, perhaps in 2016/2107 perhaps Prodos could release army list booklets for the various armies so you can purchase your army booklet/s.

Alternately, they could release on their forum as not everyone uses Facebook/Twitter/Skype, etc, a downloadable and printable sheet for each model they release and a data card for it (perhaps in larger print) for those people like myself who did not get their Mitch Hunter card with the miniature pack. It would be a lot cheaper for me to print individual pages than having to print out an entire booklet each time they add new units or change things about too much like the Brotherhood Art powers.

I know you would likely recommend I carry around a tablet or something similar, however I tend to lose anything smaller than a decent sized laptop, or a rule book and I can not be rushing back to my PC or laptop everytime I need to refer to a rule or look up a units stats.

I am only suggesting something that will make things easier for me and other like myself of the older generation with enough money to spend big on in my case 6 armies now, each with about 3000 to 5000 points of Warzone minis.

I have even started to collect the necessary items I need to start building a Venusian Jungle terrain map. Coloured flocking (Purple, pink, orange, yellow and blue) multi-coloured fish tank plastic plants, GF9 ruins and walls (which I have to source), terrain piece basing, hard blue foam to make hills, and other raised terrain, and large 4" x 4 " multi-layer ply board.

I know Prodos are pushed for resources as they are not that large a company with a great many projects, but if they start doing this now, it will be easier for them to keep it within the system for each of their product lines.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:11 pm 

I think it's likely that Prodos will release hard copies of the new Factions at some point. My guess is that when the 2.0 rule book is finally released, the 2.0 Factions will be released (I don't think we'll see many changes, maybe some FAQ/errata updates and inclusion of the newer models), they'll once again do a limited run of books like they did for Imperial and Heroes of the Solar System.

I really dislike how it seems that Facebook is the ONLY source for any of there new information and it comes down to someone cross posting the information.
I guess for them Facebook is just easier