It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Ranged Attacks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 pm 

we need this as a strategy card right now:

Intel Department

Place one Jarek member into target forum.
This jarek will resolve issues in target forum.
Effects last until the end of forum discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:23 pm 

B9oyd wrote:
if shooting into an engaged tile full of hostiles i believe there would be no modifier, seeing as you are not shooting through or out of an engaged tile - which is what the modifier specifies in the rules.

The rules state that shooting through ( or from ) engaged tiles adds a -2 modifier per tile, and also that making a ranged attack against a enemy engaged model adds the -10 modifier.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 am 

ok with a re-read id agree that yes shooting at a pair of engaged opponents would incur the -10 modifier i guess because you cant guarantee which opponent you would hit?

it doesn't state that if you shoot out of an engaged tile at a target - im saying rules as written here - it incurs -2 modifier. the actual wording states each engaged tile between your tile and the target tile incurs the modifier, the tile you are currently on is not calculated as the whole tile is considered a point of origin therefore it cannot be in its own path.

also a point to note if you are firing while engaged you DON'T suffer the -10 for you being engaged - it specifically says that the -10 is if the target is engaged.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:58 am 

Ye, as the rules are written it doesn't say there is a modifier for shooting out off a engaged tile. That's what I thought as well. I asked Jarek that question and in post number 4 of this thread he clarified the -2 modifier for shooting out of a engaged tile.
And I agree people should make note that if firing while engaged there is no -10 modifier for being engaged just -2 for shooting out of (through).
The one thing I forgot on my first play was models had to spend an action point on a CC test to leave an engaged tile plus if passed they couldn't enter another tile if occupied by a enemy model. And if they did manage to disengage to an adjacent tile they couldn't do a move action with their second action point.

And I second the Strategy Card " Intel Department"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:34 pm 

Nice, I had these questions myself.

However, I had decreed that you actually CAN'T shoot at your own tile, because to shoot you must have "LoS", and Line of Sight is determined by the centers of TWO tiles, which left me with the seccond (can I fire elsewhere while I am engaged). But since Prodos clarifies it otherwise, I am content! :) We will be firing at the same tile if we must!

Quote:
A Ping! Token or a Model has Line of Sight (LOS) of an opposing player’s Ping! Token or Model if any of the players can draw a straight, unblocked line between the centres of two occupied by a Ping! Token or Model Tiles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:08 pm 

Also page 28 6.4 para 1
Any kind of combat that allows Models to fight and
attack one another while being Engaged with one
another is called Close Combat and requires a successful
Close Combat Skill Test.

Clearly means you cant shoot at a model in your oen tile. Cant see how you can ignore this bit in the rule book?$