It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am 

Hey all,

I was not impressed with the Solo play "Horde Instinct" rules. They appear to be a bare-bones affair that met the minimum requirement (move toward player and attack). But fear not! I have written a new set of rules (using the Horde Instinct rules as its backbone). They are very much a rough "Alpha release" as of now. This is mainly due to the fact that like most of you, I do not have my KS copy of the game to test with. That's where you come in! Well, not you actually... The guy who has the game right now is who I was talking about. Yeah, him.

Anyway, try them out and let me know how they work out for you. I designed the rules to mimic the pheromones released by Africanized "killer" bees. It should add more depth and variation to the behavior of the Hive... or break the game, I have no idea. There is a bonus scenario I added too that takes advantage of my pheromone system.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271 ... havior.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:37 am 

Thanks, will have to give these a try.
I suppose you haven't got a PDF of the tokens required? :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:28 pm 

No tokens yet. The next version will have them. Until then, I would use scraps of colored paper. Red for Swarm. Orange for Hunting, Blue for Defense, and Purple for Dormant. The question then becomes, how many of each type is needed for a typical game?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:22 am 

Any feedback from the (I'm assuming), 10 people that have the game? I have some sweeping changes in mind for the next revision, but I don't want to commit until I have a sense for how well the rules play. Since there still is no word on when we will be getting the game in the US (blah blah, Ninja Division, blah blah "Soon"), I have instead been working on a Space Hulk/dungeon crawl hybrid. I have recently found old PDFs of Space Crusade and Tyranid Attack that gave me a some great ideas that will likely get shutdown by GW... that's when you know you're onto something :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:09 pm 

Hi,
I d/loaded the solo play rules as soon as you posted them.and have used them quite a few times.so, I think they are pretty good. but like anything else that's in "alpha" like you said.theres always improvements hiding in there :)..some good rulesets you are going through as well space hulk is very good but check this out http://tabletoptitans.com/rules/0002.php im sure you will find some good stuff in there..I use this more than anything and it really is good !!

there are quite a few people in uk who now have the game.i was very very lucky and received my copy in the first wave..i feel so sorry for the KS guys who are still waiting