It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 am 

Hi,

I had my second game yesterday (Predators vs. Aliens) and despite the fact I read the manual a few questions still arose. Would you please take a moment and help me find answers to the following?

1. Can the Smart Disc be thrown into a group of enemies currently being part of CC with another Predator with no negative modifiers?

2. Does the Predator still get a -10 RS modifier to shooting in a situation where Aliens are attacking a Marine in CC (they are all my enemies and I'm not too bothered who gets hurt ;P )?

3. Can a "Move" Sentry reaction be used to get out of range from Ranged Attacks and/or Disc Throws?

4. As it does not state on the cards, are "Swarm" and "Ammunition Explosion" Special Rules valid until the end of the whole game or are they removed after the turn they were cast in? Also, if they remain in play, is the Alien player allowed to cast any more Strategy Cards as two are already in play?

5. Can Ranged Weapons such as e.g. Plasma Caster be used by a Predator being attacked by Aliens, e.g. 5 Aliens surround the Predator - can he fire his Plasma Caster or is he bound to use only his melee weapon?

6. NOOB QUESTION ALERT! - Can both Action Points be used to perform the same action one after another, e.g. to perform CC twice?

7. If the first CC attack (RoA 2) misses the enemy, can the second CC attack aim the same model or is the whole attack a failure and no more models can be targeted by the attacker?

8. As Displacing is IMO poorly explained in the Rulebook, does it mean the following: a single tile is occupied by 1x Predator (2 pts.), 3x Alien (3 pts.) and 2x Acid Damage (2 pts.), which means there is only 1 point remaining. A second Predator standing on the adjacent tile "kicks" one Alien model outside of the first tile and swaps places with him filling the original tile by his 2 pts. and as that tile now becomes Fully Occupied, allows the pushed out Alien to participate in CC nonetheless?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:46 am 

1). No - you will still have the -10 mod to hit someone on an engaged tile.

2). Yes - you have to select a target. That will mean then you use the -10 mod.

3). There are only some weapons that have a range. But yes, you can use sentry before they shoot as it would be in between an action or activation, thus allowing you to move first if you hadn't already moved and still had a spare action after using Sentry.

4). All cards last the game turn only and then are removed to the discard pile.

5). He can fire at enemies on the same engaged tile as him, but at -10 mod to hit as normal. He can also fire out to other tiles normally. At this time we are unsure if the tile he is on counts as shooting through an engaged tile for -2 mod.

6). No action can be dupicated in the same activation.

7). You pick a target for each attack. So if RoA two, you can put first on target A and second on Target B. This remonds me of another question I have, so watch out for more information on this soon.

8). Yes it does. Once a tile is fully occupied all adjacent tiles are then classed as engaged and any models on them can perform CC atacks.

Hope that helped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:46 am 

It helped a lot! Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:34 pm 

Hmm, point 1 still seems unclear.. You said that a -10 modifier would apply to my RS but as far as the Rulebook covers it's mechanic, the Smart Disc doesn't use this figure. No LoS, 2 tiles range and 2D20s per tile rolls. Every 1-10 will auto-wound with no Armour Saves allowed.

What do I deduct the 10 from?

Also...
If a Predator model looses all LoS with his enemies and is swapped for the Ping! Token, do the other 2 fake tokens (Mimicry) enter the board on the same tile as well and are moved around to create further uncertainty among the enemy ranks?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 pm 

Sorry, I was wrong on no: 1. The smart disc is not a RS test therefore no mods. Its very smart it would seem.

As for the last question, I think not. You just put the one ping token on. We pondered why you would do this, and the answer was to get a free move when discovered again via Seasoned Hunter Rule.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:59 am 

Better than nothing :) Thanks for clarifying that!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:24 pm 

Wait a second, where does it say that once you loose Los you revert back to a Ping? Did I miss something? Because that would open up for a lot of shenanigans like porting marines (team tactics yeeha!) oO"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 am 

Ursun, it's one of the Predators Strategy cards that lets it do that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 am 

Aaaaahhh ok, thanks :D

I´m only playing marines, so I had no idea, but it seems I should probably check out what my enemies can do