It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rule priority
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:15 am 

So here we go:

Predator throws a smart disk at 2 marines (pulse rifle and smart gunner).
Smart disk kills 1 marine.
Smart disk rule states that predator gets to choose which marine is killed (smart gunner).
Marine rules state that marine player can re-allocate wound to own model of choice (pulse rifle).

So who gets priority? My own preference would be the marine player as per the example above. But the smart disk has so far been given sweeping power, so does it trump the marine special rule?

Post subject: Re: Rule priority
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:25 am 

I would say not. The general rules say you choose target I think, which if I recall correctly the smart disc rules reiterate but only because the smart disk works different to normal shooting. I would say the marine special rule still trumps here also.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:45 am 

Yeah I would go with "the marine rules trump the predator rules" ... but to be honest, I don´t see much need for "trumping" anyways:

The Smart disc rules state:
Quote:
Each roll of 1–10 deals one
wound with no Armour test allowed for any enemy Model
on this Tile. Wounds are allocated by the the Predator
player.
One Model may receive a maximum of one wound
as a result of each Smart-Disc Throw (A) Special Action.

While the marine Rules state:
Quote:
Additionally, when any Troop Type
Marine Model loses a Wound, it may be taken off any
other Troop Type Marine Model
occupying the same
Tile.

So the predator can choose which marine gets the wound, but after that the marine can shift around any wounds that happen to him, as long as there is more than one marine present... not much conflict here if you ask me.

The Smart disc can only ever do one wound per model
Quote:
One Model may receive a maximum of one wound as a result of each Smart-Disc Throw (A) Special Action.

So what hapens if there are two marines, the smart disc does two wounds and the marine player wants to use team tactics.

Is the second wound gone? (as the marine receiving both, is dead after the first)?
Is that move illegal as you can not have more than one wound per model (so no use of team tactics here) or is it legal as the one wound/model is done after the pred player allocates the wounds and team tactics is still ok to use?
Would the marine player have to use team tactics twice (bot marines switching their wounds, no difference in the result) to maintain the maximum of one wound received?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:38 am 

That is a good question. Common sense would say they both die. A weapons RoA is usually spent one die at a time. The marine player can choose who is wounded after each attack. The smart disc though rolls the two attacks at the same time. So I would say that the wounds are also created at the same time and therefore over load the team tactics rule resulting in two dead marines. If the marine player has three guys or more on the tile he can choose which two die though.