It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sentry Gun "deployment".
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:15 am 

How exactly do we deploy Sentry Guns in the Advanced board game rules?

"Sentry Guns: 35 per Gun (cannot gain Experience or LVL), which may be carried by a Power Loader in the Advanced board game rules or set up using the Infiltrate rules during the Deployment Phase in AvP: THB Unleashed."

So I can only start them in the same deployment tile, or tiles, as the rest of the Marines? And if I don't have a Power Loader I can never move them from the deployment tile?

We don't know the Infiltrate rule for AVP: THB Unleashed so we can use those yet... in fact, even when those come out a AvP board game player would have to have the Wargame rulebook to know the rule. I tried reading the Infiltrate rule from Warzone but it doesn't really transfer well to a board game.

"Infiltrate - Once both players have deployed their Squads, but before the first Game Turn starts, the Player may deploy their Infiltrating Squad. Infiltrators must be deployed within Light or Heavy Terrain. The Infiltrators cannot be deployed within 12” of any enemy Models.
If there is more than one Squad to be deployed with the Infiltrate Special Skill, deploy the Squads in turn, starting with the player with the Initiative. If it is impossible to deploy a Squad with the Infiltrate Special Skill, they must be deployed in the controlling player’s Deployment Zone."

Please keep in mind I'm not asking for house rule suggestions (although they're welcomed)... I just want to know how this is supposed to work, according to the Prodos' boardgame rules.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:21 pm 

It would appear by the rule book that you must have a power loader in the board game to move your sentry guns anywhere. Other than this they must be placed in the marine deployment areas and stay there. The infiltrate rule is stated as being for the unleashed game only, so hey ho. As i will only play the board game i will need a power loader to help with my sentry guns. I wasn't going to buy one, so i guess prodos just got some more money from me, fair play.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:21 pm 

Yu could use a proxy (e.g. cardboard standup with power loader photo on it).
But, yeah, I know, it's not the real stuff. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:27 am 

Popsical wrote:
It would appear by the rule book that you must have a power loader in the board game to move your sentry guns anywhere. Other than this they must be placed in the marine deployment areas and stay there. The infiltrate rule is stated as being for the unleashed game only, so hey ho. As i will only play the board game i will need a power loader to help with my sentry guns. I wasn't going to buy one, so i guess prodos just got some more money from me, fair play.

yeah will be getting a wad of money off me too...once the store finally opens that is ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:37 pm 

I got an old Power Loader from Leading Edge Games back from the 90s. Got to paint that one soon!