It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Point cost and stats
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am 

I have already have a lot game session, including advance rules with point cost and there is one thing I would like to discuss with you guys.

It is specially pain for the alien force, but it affects as well the other forces witch is point distribution.

Lets make an example:

---------------------------M-CC-RS-St-Con-LD-W-A-----------Weapon-Type-St-RoA-AVV--point cost
Alien infant warrior----1--15--0--10--10-19-1-13--------------claws--cc---10--2----0--------12
Alien warrior------------1--17--0--13--13-19-2-15(12)---------claws--cc---16--4----2--------22
Pretorian----------------1--17--0--13--13-19-3-15(12)---------claws--cc---16--4----2-------100

So one wound more cost aparently 78 points

There are many other examples of this everywere, like marine vs weyland yutani comando, seriously 3,5 marines per WYC is a lot of marines. Or young bloods vs hunter predator

And I am not including heroes because is even worst.

I think it is specialy painfull in the alien force because I hardly see anybody taking a queen or predalien in their force, and we have the miniatures for a reason.

What do you guys think we should do?, Maybe a warzone fan can give us some ideas, as probably this issue has to do with fox censorsip.

Post subject: Re: Point cost and stats
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm 

Yeah. Seems to be a no-brainer to take the warriors. They are cheap for their performance.
Did you double-check the numbers? Are they right? I got no rulebook here at the moment.

Are there other advantages for the Praetorians?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:33 pm 

Yes, It doesn't have acid split but has royal feromones, +2 to frienly units cc. Not really that good I think, split is a lot better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:52 pm 

Royal Pheromones is good and has great range. 1 Wound in this game means a lot. You will have Acid Spit anyway.

With make your own hero rules the Royal Guard can be brough to 4 wounds, CC19, RoA5 St19 easily and w/o any impact on the current game (since some of the point cost is invested in +2 AVV - it's AVV4, not 2, which is still useless). Add Dodge and that's a monster that can charge two Predators and live to see them dead.