It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:48 am 

Hi,

I am sure this is standing somewhere in the rules but I haven't find it yet. Is it possible to shoot at an enemy miniature that is engaged with your miniature? So you don't have to use the knife in close combat.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 pm 

Yes you can but the roll is at a minus 10 modifier.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:42 pm 

hmmm... Are you sure? That makes no sense...

The -10 modifier is logical, if there is another of your miniatures in the same tile and you do not want to shoot accidently on him. So you do a much more careful shoot - more difficult. But if you are alone with an enemy - do you think you would mistakenly shoot on yourself? Actually you would shoot from the bottom up - isn´t it?

Unfortunately there are a lot of questions that i would like to get sorted out by the PRODOS Team.

Or its time for HOUSE RULES. :D :D ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 pm 

That is the rule as per the rulebook, however I share your views perhaps a small minus would be better due to proximity and recoil from the weapon, changing weapons from Knife to Gun etc. but -10 seems a little extreme.

I guess the ruling is to balance things for the Aliens due to their lack of armor at low levels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:14 pm 

I believe the -10 modifier is logical because while the game is played in a structured turn/phase order, in reality, the combat aboard the USCSS Theseus would be a fluid event that would allow for only seconds in which to make decisions, change weapons, select targets, aim, etc. Therefore, if your unit finds itself in the SAME tile as an enemy unit (i.e. a Marine and an Alien), the logical conclusion is that your unit has a split second to draw a bead and fire his weapon. This would surely be firing from the hip versus having the time to bring the weapon to the shoulder, focus on the front site post and aim a tile or two away.

Thoughts?