It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Alien game mechanics
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:06 pm 

I haven't posted on here for ages as kind gave up with all the delays. I'm a ks backer and no I haven't recieved game yet so I haven't played a game but more recently in the hope the game has gotta be comming to me soon (fingers and everything else crossed) I've been watching vids and reading the rules on line.

The minatures and board look great but the mechanics for the aliens are a bit disappointing.

I know this isn't a survival horror kind of game but I really expected playing as the marines I was going to have aliens literally comming out the goddam walls or dropping through the ceilings or bursting from the floor grabbing marines and dragging them away.
Not aliens running down a corridor to get stuck behind a door etc. it looks like the preds and marines play great but the aliens just don't seem like the xenos I've loved all these years, they seem kinda stupid in strategy just charge !!! No ambushes or surprises etc.

Like I say not played this as I'm still waiting for my ks game but just wanted to make this observation

Post subject: Re: Alien game mechanics
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:46 pm 

It depends heavily what objective they need to accomplish. Sometimes they need to keep on moving. Other times they play more of the waiting game. Remember you start the game as a ping! token and aliens should have a lot more activations then the marines or predators meaning they are more flexible to set up formations for the next game turn or sometimes even do multiple ambushes on the enemy. Also the strategy cards can be a big game changer specially when played at the right time. But yea out of all the factions i think the alien faction is the hardest to master tho not impossible. A strategy that I use for example is sacrifice a stalker by running him through an air vent then reveal a whole line of precious predator/marine ping tokens so you know the exact locations then plan ahead for future ambushes or traps. Also some add-on models like the facehuggers have a more stealthy playing style.

At the moment I like playing with the aliens :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:22 pm 

Ok cool this sounds better than I had understand. Thanks for reply

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:37 pm 

And don't forget Aliens also have the dodge ability which comes in handy. ;) .as more waves of addons become available I think it will ad more flexibility to the game and rules.