It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Rules clarification
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:41 pm 

First off, I just want to say that whilst I am very unhappy as a kickstarter backer (as I have yet to receive any of my pledge) I bought a retail copy (as I own a FLGS here in Australia) and I love this game. Everyone that I have demonstrated the game to has enjoyed it. Like most games it has quirks etc that will hopefully be ironed out with an FAQ but each faction plays like it should in the movies and having played mission one at least half a dozen times I am yet to get bored with it. Tonight we had a 2 player survivor mission.

Getting on to my question though. I apologise for not being able to name the cards as they are not with me at the moment but what are the thoughts on the 2 marine tactical cards that deactivate a model when they move on to that tile or they take a STR 12/15 (i cant remember which) when they move on to the tile. How long do they last for as all the other cards state till the end of game turn etc but these 2 have no limit. As a result we have been playing it that they last until a marine no longer has LOS to the applicable tiles.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Rules clarification
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:43 pm 

I made a quick run through marine action cards - i bet one of them is "Suppresive Fire" - Target any Tile within LoS of any Marine Model. Any Model moving onto the Tile it is instantly deactivated. Yes, your point of view is totally legit, this card is in action until at least one marine model has LoS to the targeted Tile. Its a very good tactical, and movie-like action - marines making the last stand ect. i like it :)
The second card i think is "Covering Fire" the similar thing but you got a chance of autohit the enemy instead of deactivating him. The same thing as above - any logic would point that it is valid until any marine model has LoS to the tile - Those two cards are really usefull :geek:

Post subject: Re: Rules clarification
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:09 pm 

So youre playing with those cards in play on consecutive turns? All cards in play go away at the beginning of the next turn. Interesting, I've never played or seen them played that way.