It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: PING! Tokens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:16 pm 

The moment i bought my first add on i realized that the PING! tokens included are much thinner (like 3 times :? ) than those from the base game - that makes them pointless as everyone spot them immediately. What do you guys do about it?

Aside of that are there any other medium sized models for alien factions than Predalien? Because what is the point of hiding him if hes the only alien model of that size? The same goes for predator hellhounds - they are smaller than the predators... Am i missing something or i just have to wait for the new add ons to fix that?

Post subject: Re: PING! Tokens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:53 pm 

I'm hoping to make my own, all the same size, just to see how well that works. (In cases of accidental overfilling of tiles the pings will be revealed by the order they would be seen by LOS and excess are pushed backwards into neighbouring tiles.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:56 pm 

Wow, somebody actually anwsered, i started to think this is some kind of ghost - forum :D I also began making my own tokens, but i would consider the fact that they are same size cheating - you could hide alien Crusher or Alien Queen among basic stalkers ect, of course if you are ok with such suprizes thats fine :)

I found another problem with PING! Tokens - if you have many miniatures that are the same like Alien Warriors for example, and one of them is your HQ choice do you have to mark him and his token so that he can be spotted in a swarm? How with the wounding? If someone wounds one or more warriors (they got more than one wound) will he be able to spot the injured ones on the board to target them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:24 pm 

I was going to number the tokens, the number then corresponds to the relevant beasty in your force list, (I also number or name each of my models on the bases) tracking injuries are then a simple matter of notation.
Good point with the bigguns. While I don't think one should be able to differentiate a warrior from a stalker by MT (they are after all both vaguely human sized) the big stuff is a whole different ball park. Royal guards, Crushers and Queenie III may indeed get large tokens. (Justification: several times in the games when people refer to praetorians or such as large readings).

Edit: yeah the forum is a bit dead. Got a lot to do with many of the most rabbid fans who all preordered or kick started still being waiting. If the February deadline actually happens it will hopefully pick up in a few months.