It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:10 am 

Ladies and Gentlemen
Here is my attempt at recreating the first AVP movie in the game. This will be the first of three scenarios. Please see a picture of the map of the pyramid below.

The predator tiles represent the entrance to the pyramid. This is where the predators start. The round room presents the sacrificial chamber and is one of the starting tiles of the Aliens. The Hibernation room is the Egg chamber and is the second starting tile of the Aliens. The Armory represents the room of the pyramid where the Predator Plasma throwers are stored and is the starting tile of the marines.

Scenario special rules
Doors and Vents
The doors and vents represent the pyramid changing the shape of the labyrinth. AS a result, no model in the game may open or close doors and vents (so no “Weld it shut” and no “Seal the bulkhead”). Instead every two turns the player with initiative rolls a die for each door and vent. On a 1-10 the door or vent is open/accessible on roll of 11-20 the door or vent is closed. Any model caught on a closed vent is destroyed. Doors marked in yellow are open at the beginning of the game. Open doors should be placed next to the border of the tiles it normally separates, so you don’t forget them.
Plasma Casters
Place three objective tokens (Archeological artefacts/Plasma Casters) in the Armory at the beginning of the game.

Victory Conditions
Marines
Retrieve the three artifacts and return to the entrance to the pyramid (carrying a token special rules). Marines win if at least two objective markers are carried to the predator tiles and in the possession of a marine model.
Predators
Retrieve the plasma casters so you can begin the hunt. The predators win if at least two plasma casters are captured by Predator models.
Aliens
Capture five models (Trophy Collection special rules) and carry them to the Egg Chamber.

I haven't had a chance to play test this, yet. So have a read through it, play a round of it and let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:54 pm 

Looks pretty cool, maybe I'll give it a try after I get a few more games under my belt. Thanx for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:45 pm 

looks really good.definitely giving it a go tomorrow...I got some marine and warrior alien addon packs so should make it good...oh,nearly forgot my predalien.but wont be using that need to keep true to the scenario/movie ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 am 

This the second of three scenarios.
The predator tiles represent the stairway to the upper level of the pyramid. This is where the predators start. The Hibernation room is the Egg chamber and counts as infested. The Aliens can start here as well as any infested corridor. The Armory is the starting tile of the marines. The Bridge is the room where the Queen is held.

Scenario special rules
Doors and Vents
The doors and vents represent the pyramid changing the shape of the labyrinth. AS a result, no model in the game may open or close doors and vents (so no “Weld it shut” and no “Seal the bulkhead”). Instead every two turns the player with initiative rolls a die. On a 1-10 the four doors marked yellow are open and the blue doors are closed; on roll of 11-20 the doors marked blue are open and the yellow ones are closed. Doors marked in yellow are open at the beginning of the game. Open doors should be placed next to the border of the tiles they normally separate, so you don’t forget them.

Cocooned Scientists
Place three marine objective tokens (Cocooned Scientists) in the Hibernation Room at the beginning of the game.

Victory Conditions
Marines
Retrieve the surviving scientists from the Hibernation room (Egg Chamber) and return to the entrance to the pyramid (carrying a token special rules). Marines win if at least two objective markers are carried to the predator tiles.
Predators
The hunt is on. Kill at least 5 models (Trophy Collection special rules) and return them to the predator tiles.
Aliens
Free the Queen. Generate 4 acid tokens on the bridge tile (damaging a room special rule).

Again, I haven't had a chance to play test this, yet. So have a read through it, play a round of it and let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:11 pm 

Im really liking this..definitely what we need more of!!...ive linked this page to the BGG site for you :)

good job !!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:17 pm 

This is very cool, thank you for putting these together!