It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:15 pm 

Hey gang,

I thought I'd start this thread so we can discuss home brew rules and suggestions for additions or subtractions...

Have at it!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:33 pm 

I presume that we will take into concideration the current system and elaborate on that (i.e. D20, cards, tiles, Prodos Stat Cards).
I believe that the POINT ALLOCATION needs thought. We need a game that is a nice three-way, where the Aliens can solo fight equally with the Preds, Preds equally with the Marines, the Marines with the Aliens. So we need Three Balanced 1v1.

Marines vs Aliens:
The Marines dish out punishment, and with "Tactical Advance/Ping!/Inferno" can burn massed chunks of xenomorphs hiding behind corners, let alone shoot anything that comes head on. On melee, a Marine can use two actions to fight the alien (CC for 12- and Shooting for 4-), while the Aliens can only do "Attack/Pass" at 6/11 (-4 because Marines). Infuriating, is it not?

***Have to put a stop here, will be back at a later time to edit because of eh... uh... something. :P***

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:56 am 

Again this comes from the FAQ threat as this one is more acurate.

This are some of my sugesstions

Heroic disengage (2 act pts), If a marine is trap in a tile with an air vent, He/she can spend 2 action points and successfully pass a CC test in order to cross the air vent to the tile on the other side. This action can only be made to go through an air vent.

Facehugg (Extended), When facehugger attacks a marine hero(marine with 40mm base) The reinforce is going to be a warrior. As well when attacking a power loader, the powerloader gains +5 to constitution to resist the hug, If it fails the alien force gain an infant warrior.

Guns placement (Extended) sentry guns do not count as an enemy miniature when determine If a tile is engage. So predator or alien miniatures can free disengage when there is just a sentry gun.

Exploration (Invented as we don't have any) sentry guns can be placed up to 2 tiles from the marine deploiment tile.

Still not tested, (need further wirking)

Queen chamber, If you include a queen you can choose one room infested tile to be a qeen chamber, in this case the queen will not be able to move but it will deploy an egg each turn, the eggs can be transported as tokens by warriors and can hatch, if they hatch change the egg with a facehugger. The queen will not be able to move untill she receives 1 wound, in adition, she starts with one extra wound.

Royalty, (queens and royal guards, pasive) a miniature with the rule royalty can assign one wound per turn to an adjacent friendly miniature to represent warriors and drones sacrificing themselfs to save the higher castes.

Clear the path,(Marines flamethrower), as were are going to prohibit shooting through air vents marines need at least something to clean them from facehuggers, so, flamethrower can shoot an air vent if the miniature is in an adjacent tile, just as a normal shooting action.

Perfect hide (infant warriors 2 actions) one warrior per infested tile can perform this action, the miniature is remove from game and put apart. When any enemy miniature perform an attack action inside the infeste zone alien player will be allowed to deploy all the hidden warriors without restriction in any infested tile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:53 am 

Quote:
We should fix the Aliens.

Give the Aliens (except Facehuggers) a seccond attack, with better stats, like:
"Tail Strike" - ST X, ROA 1, AVV Z. Special Rules: "Full Melee": Can only be used when commiting a "Full Melee" Alien Faction action. X should be at least one point higher than the "claws" ST, and AVV at least 1.

Give the Aliens an extra Faction Extended Action:
"Full Melee": when a model uses this action, it makes a normal CC attack with both it's availlable melee weapons. Roll as normal for each weapon, separately.

Give the Facehuggers an extra rule:
"Weak": The Facehuggers cannot use the "Full Melee" extended action.

Quote:
Sentry: Expend the token, then make a LD test. If the test is passed, complete either a Move/Shoot/Melee action (Like in Warzone).
That said, 19 LD all models?...

Quote:
Give the Aliens the "Acid Immunity" Special Skill:
"Acid Immunity": The Xenomorphs cannot be chosen as targets for the "Acid Splash" special skill.

Quote:
Change all melee weapons to immitate their Warzone counterparts. For instance:
Alien Infant has ST 9 and a weapon with ST 10. If it was Warzone, it would have "weapon ST +1". So that the model's ST actually counts for something. Else, remove the ST stat from the model. Useless.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 am 

I have been thinking about the following House rules:
:arrow: Skitter Extended Action (Alien): As per the run extended action except that the Alien moves +2 move instead of +1. {In order to make Aliens as fast as they should be}
:arrow: As suggested on another thread I have been playing with giving an Armour test for the Predator Disc
:arrow: Given that Predators and Marines can simply use an action point to open doors I would suggest that Aliens can auto breach a door as an extended action, or a simple action if there are more than one.
:arrow: I have thought about having doors be able to be closed with a simple action unless broken open by Aliens.
:arrow: A 'cloak' extended action (Predator): Allows a predator to convert a mini into a ping token so long as an action is spent each turn (in addition to the free conversion from the tactics card)?

Clarification on the Sentry action, usage of the Tactics Cards,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:37 am 

Need a bit more separation in the predator department. The female preds are statistically and gear wise identical to some of their brethren, pretty disappointing. Further, they can't be custom characters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:06 pm 

Ok so some people have identified the core problems with the game. How are we going to come together to work on a document to either clarify or rewrite some of the rules? I'm in favor of trying to get a word version from Prodos and working on it from there. Thoughts? Support?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:39 pm 

whampiri wrote:
Ok so some people have identified the core problems with the game. How are we going to come together to work on a document to either clarify or rewrite some of the rules? I'm in favor of trying to get a word version from Prodos and working on it from there. Thoughts? Support?

Soon(TM) Prodos will officially hire one or more persons for this issue. If I were in their shoes, I would look at the forum. So, in my point of view, we are not "re-creating" the game, we are paving the ground for the designers.

So I suggest we keep it simple and make suggestions to be judged by officials.

Till then, join in JD's official FAQ thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 pm 

I think the "spirit" of the games and rules are really good. I do not feel the rules need a total rewrite. Only a clean up and it is good to se Prodos putting in some resources to do this.

I hope they will put some of their stuff up here so we can help playtesting.

/Tommy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:50 pm 

I agree, adding a bunch of new rules isnt nearly as functional as streamlining the existing ones.

Everything on these threads will be assessed, however, and they arent unwilling to entertain changes, so thats good.