It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:41 pm 

I've been reading around and I get the impression that Prodos may create like an AvP rulebook 2.0? Is this true or just rumors? Personally, the current rules sort of ok, but I would LOVE some rules overhauls, mostly on balancing and maybe adding endless swarms of aliens. If this is true, I just hope they don't add more rules and make the game more complicated. Streamline is the name of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 pm 

I don´t know about any official rulebook update. Maybe only a 2.0 PDF update some time? But also think the current rules are OK, just some parts could be more clear and the shooting through/from engaged tiles -10 seems a bit too much for me. Especially as a bunch of Aliens overrun Marines. With the many Aliens often possible to happen that there will be many on same tile, the -10 makes it a hopeless situation für the humans
And I don´t get the facehugger rules for the boardgame. should be more clear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm 

There is talk of hiring people to do just that, there is also an e-mail one can send an application to. However, the procedure is on hold untill the management concludes more pressing matters (like 3rd wave and other production issues).

It is my belief there will be a balancing act, but there is no fix date.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:32 pm 

JBar wrote:
I've been reading around and I get the impression that Prodos may create like an AvP rulebook 2.0? Is this true or just rumors? Personally, the current rules sort of ok, but I would LOVE some rules overhauls, mostly on balancing and maybe adding endless swarms of aliens. If this is true, I just hope they don't add more rules and make the game more complicated. Streamline is the name of the game.

Hi! Yes, we're working on a FAQ. If you have suggestions, please post them on the "Official FAQ" post. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:29 am 

The FAQ topic has three pages of post. Do I have to keep reading the post from the top everytime or will you use the opening topic to include the "approved" FAQ items?

I ask because your answers don't always seem to be definitive, and I've had enough problems with the AvP rules to add another layer of incertainty. Stuff like this...

"Climbing Claws:
I agree, this is a cool power/skill... but largely useless, I've never seen it in practice...

Fumble/Power Shot:
I agree... I dont believe these apply in the smart disc special attack.

Close Combat/Shooting:
I do the same thing you do... I think ultimately, so long as the players agree, whatever works doesnt necessarily needs a rules call on it...

Alien Trophy:
I always assumed delivered meant, "get to the vent and spend an action to stuff em in.""

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:07 pm 

There will be official notice for both FAQ and updated rules within the next two months. Both the FAQ and the updated rulebook will be downloadable from the site. In the mean time, you may contact me for any questions you might have, but please give me some time to respond.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:32 pm 

Correct, as Chronomancer said, we're compiling the questions to then sort them out and put them in a single doc.