It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Actions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:11 am 

Can a model perfom a ranged attack with one action and a Close Combat with the other? I am assuming yes

Post subject: Re: Actions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 pm 

yes, but you cant do the same action twice...so,you couldn't do 2 ranged or 2 close but one of each is ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:06 pm 

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:44 am 

personally the game I tried, with proxy models, the game played much better when treating attacking as a single type of move. Aka either CC attack or Ranged, but couldn't do both. Played smoother and the predators weren't quite as overpowered, "seemingly" I will add. I've only played two matches.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 am 

That is the heart of my original question. A ranged attack and then a close combat attack made the predators practically unstoppable. So my friend asked maybe you can only use one kind of attack per turn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 pm 

I know people think you can do both a cc and ranged attacks in the same activation but would be good for Prodos to confirm.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:09 am 

Quote:
I know people think you can do both a cc and ranged attacks in the same activation but would be good for Prodos to confirm.

People don't "think" you can do that. They know you can do that. It's in the rulebook. Just go through it. It keeps referring to "Shooting Action" and "Close Combat Action". At no point does it bundle the two into a single, common, type of action.

There's no doubt in the rulebook. Maybe it's too strong (I wish I knew, still waiting for my game) but it is what it is. Maybe Prodos needs to change it. Or not. But there's no need to confirm it. It's crystal clear. According to the rulebook, you can use your two actions to shoot and close combat.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:34 pm 

Actually... the wording is a bit ambiguous... it says there are two types of actions... basic and extended... and can only do one of each per turn. RC and CC are both listed as BASIC ACTIONS... The demo's Ive done I only allow one of each... because, yeah, the Preds are already hoss... giving them that as well makes them steamrollers...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:13 am 

Seriously... the rulebook is bad enough without misreading...

Page 23:
"Actions are divided into two Groups — Basic or Extended — and each Action can only be used once by a Model in a Game Turn"

How exactly is this not crystal clear? There are action types and the rule does not limit you to an action of each type or whatever. "Actions are divided into two groups" and "each Action can only be used once".

I'm all for calling developers on badly written rules (especially developers that published a draft rulebook and ignored comments about it) but there is absolutely no way that rule has a problem. It might be too powerful for the current missions/stats or whatever but... the rule is crystal clear.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm 

Without having read the rulebook, I'm basing this on the quotes in this thread alone.

RC is a Basic Action
CC is a Basic Action

You are only allowed 1 Basic Action in a turn.