It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Facehuggers Hug rule?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:46 pm 

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody knows how the facehugger implant attack will work?

Will certain victims = certain xenomorphs?
How long will the process take as it isn't instant in the films.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:58 pm 

I think perhapse it is more likely that sucessful huggings will reward the alien player additional points for future rounds of a campaign, based on the model hugged.

For instance: (all numbers off the top of my head)
Human gives 3 points (Equal to one infant warrior)
Pred Hound gives 5 points (Equal to one stalker)
Pred gives 8 points (Equal to one predalien)

Within a single game I can't see JR popping out within the match, let alone growing to full size... Though the host popping randomly during the next game could be hillarious.

AvP could really shine with the campaign play rules.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:06 pm 

Arterial Spray wrote:
I think perhapse it is more likely that sucessful huggings will reward the alien player additional points for future rounds of a campaign, based on the model hugged.

For instance: (all numbers off the top of my head)
Human gives 3 points (Equal to one infant warrior)
Pred Hound gives 5 points (Equal to one stalker)
Pred gives 8 points (Equal to one predalien)

Within a single game I can't see JR popping out within the match, let alone growing to full size... Though the host popping randomly during the next game could be hillarious.

AvP could really shine with the campaign play rules.

That makes perfect sense, I was struggling to think of a way it would work but that's a nice system.

Thanks Arterial Spray.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 pm 

I was already working on AvP campaign rules for a homebrew system before I asked Prodos about it, so I have plenty of ideas. :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:56 pm 

Will the victim be killed out right? Or will they be killed the next turn (or other following turns)?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 am 

Judging by the movies someone hugged is out of the fight for at least a few hours, so I think its safe to call the individual 'incapacitated' if not dead.

If its not in the rules i'm homeruling that if the human player wins the game the fachugging occurs they get the figure back ,but she has a random chance of bursting each round in the next game, and if the resulting burster isnt killed the alien player gets the additional points to spend the round after.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 pm 

Arterial Spray wrote:
Judging by the movies someone hugged is out of the fight for at least a few hours, so I think its safe to call the individual 'incapacitated' if not dead.

If its not in the rules i'm homeruling that if the human player wins the game the fachugging occurs they get the figure back ,but she has a random chance of bursting each round in the next game, and if the resulting burster isnt killed the alien player gets the additional points to spend the round after.

I like this idea!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm 

I think I would make the Facehugger hug inefective or unlikely to happen when the facehugger is alone, but in combination with a warrior I would say if the warrior incapacitate a victim with a facehugger in contac with any of the 2 then the facehugger is taken out of the game and the alien player win extra victory points for example.
And of course bye bye victim.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 pm 

harec wrote:
I think I would make the Facehugger hug inefective or unlikely to happen when the facehugger is alone, but in combination with a warrior I would say if the warrior incapacitate a victim with a facehugger in contac with any of the 2 then the facehugger is taken out of the game and the alien player win extra victory points for example.

I don't know. Kane was hugged pretty effeciently without a drone pressent, and it's pretty clear Ripley wouldnt have gotten the thing off her in medical without help. Certainly steps need to be taken to ensure that Facehuggers are not more deadly than the adults (as happens in far too many of the games) but they are quite deadly even alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm 

Arterial Spray wrote:
harec wrote:

I don't know. Kane was hugged pretty effeciently without a drone pressent, and it's pretty clear Ripley wouldnt have gotten the thing off her in medical without help. Certainly steps need to be taken to ensure that Facehuggers are not more deadly than the adults (as happens in far too many of the games) but they are quite deadly even alone.

Fair enought, but just consider the new movies in witch everybody kills the facehugger with one shoot :?
On the other side you have me playing the videogame in witch I run out of amo because of facehuggies :roll: