It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm 

I'm thinking as I'm having a Game reserve planet I might make some of the strange Totem/pillars from Predators (Maybe they are Predator Wi-Fi spots)

If my project gets to out of hand I'll have a Predator camp/Drop ship and maybe a Human outpost for the large games.
-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:25 pm 

Lumberjack1988 wrote:
...strange Totem/pillars from Predators (Maybe they are Predator Wi-Fi spots)...

You can't expect an advanced culture to go 15mins without checking their Book-of-Face accounts can you? What horror would that be, all those boring hours stalking your prey with the back of your mind replaying a series of half remembered 'cute hell-hound puppy' videos. :oops:

The most serious hunters, of course, have twitting accounts and give live updates. It's not uncommon to see twits like: “I've snuck-up, right above them. Why don't humans ever look up?” or “crept into their lair last night and peed on their food store. Hope the silly critters enjoy their breakfast :twisted: ”.

A few even go so far as to have web-tv series like 'Alien Varmint Hunting' and 'Longtusk: Unboxes and Reviews plasma-casters'.

Naturally the older hunters still view hunting as a way to get away from the trappings of modern society, so family arguments constantly errupt along the lines of “stop messing with that bloody wrist computer and pay attention for signs of your prey”. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 pm 

Going for an LV-1201 look. (The planet AvP2 is set on.)

A lot of it will be the canyons and marshes from earlier in the Pred campaign (imagine LV-426 with deep green chemical lakes), with some sort of human outpost in one corner and a hive entrance and/or SJ ruins in the opposite corner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:24 pm 

This topic has set off a side project now...

Ordered a grass green mat for my Hunts but also to play against the AI system and Wargames. I'm thinking of getting a rock effect Mat to extend or go on top of the grass mat and then to use rock like walls (and stalagmites) to make a open top cave.
Gives the Gro'tye and other creatures another habit and can double as a nice Alien hive.

-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm 

Well having talked things over with my wife Eileen we are going to finish the MC/WZ Venus boards and then add AvP treats to get two bites at the cherry . It will be a really nice project to finish off in such away that both our games can see usage.
Cheers all.
P.S. What about those elder Preators call " Stop throwing those bloody spears "

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 am 

I was inspired today to draw up an idea for a 4'x4' table entirely comprised of an Alien hive. I'm actually really tempted to just go for it, especially since about 60% of my order went on Alien Warriors.

It's a pretty rough idea for now, but I'm already having a lot of ideas for how to refine it.

First Sketch:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:19 am 

Nice I like the idea of a xcomplete hive set up would look great, if based right the Xenomorph horde would be almost invisable.

-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:21 am 

Nice CB and if its a patch on those starters you showed way back it `l be good, glad I helped with the little lady she and Machino rock .
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:55 am 

I plan to use a set of the old out-of-print Wild Walls "Geigeresque Corridors and Rooms." Perfect terrain in an inexpensive format. I'd be willing to lend them out to someone for duplication if they would be willing to make them available to the community. I lack the equipment and knowhow...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 am 

Cancer where is the tit? :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next