It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:40 pm 

Just wondering what kind of terrain people are going to be gaming in? Jungles, shake and bake colonies, science facilities?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:51 pm 

Funny you mention this, I have just turned myt attention to thinking about Terrain. I've decided to go for Exotic Jungle Planet (Predator Game Reserve), grass green game mat (when I can find one the right size) with rocky patches and lots of colourful alien vegetation.

Ive just started cutting down some fish tank plastic plants and will be using smaller bases to make ferns etc than just be scattered around.
I aim to post up so pictures as work gets done on it.

-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:56 pm 

Good idea fish tank plants. Be good to see some pics when ur ready.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:11 pm 

Hopefully make some head way on it tomorrow. I do have this ready though a mobile lab that will mark Marine deployment etc. (Random resin piece given to me by work).
-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:19 am 

I'm a little torn. I've got a load of GW Jungle plants, and old fishtank plants which I have been intending to turn into a decent jungle for ages... but I largely had my mind set on a LV426 "imma go crazy with expanding foam" set up.

Now I am thinking of gearing a board towards half LV426 dribbly-rocky-ness, and half flat russet grit. On the red side I'll have a few free standing colony buildings and some broken 'biodome' or greenhouse type bits, so that the plants can 'overgrow' and infest the colony.

... But it more or less comes down to how my 'foam rock pillars' come out, and whether I get my arse into gear and start work on the buildings.

And Lumberjack stop showing off that coms building, I have not enough envy to spare as it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 am 

Hey lumber jack that terrain looks great. Very impressed. I was thinking about going for a board based loose on avp 2010 game. Part jungle, part caves, and part marine outpost.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:20 am 

Just like Comander-Jameson I would like to do it like AVP 2010. Many people didn't like that game, I love it, especially the scenery and artistic layout.
I am still investigating how to do the corridors like aliens.witch is not easy for a hole facility.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:13 am 

Well I to will go the jungle, as I`ve a dam good start with the Venus MC/WZ boards from last year, still as yet unfinished, due to "real world .com". They will with a little twitting and special touches from Eileen ( all removable, shop signs, trees, scenery for one specific game) stretch to AvP as well, and that seems reasonable to us. The figures I will try clear bases to fit all locations from ship to planet. Wont be long now all.
Cheers everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 pm 

Simple jungle scatter terrain, once painted the base will just get flocked rto match the game mat.
-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:56 am 

I'm liking the LV426, mixed with buildings theme my self.