It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:59 pm 

Hey Everyone,

I haven't played Warzone and was not at open day so in all honesty haven't a clue how the game mechanics play out other than a look through WZR beta PDF. I was wondering how well the game would lend it self to customisation for Homebrew Factions and Prey?

I know that a few AvP Universe races could be simple proxy's aka:
Braid Wolves Pack using Predhound stat lines and rules
Gro'tye vs Predators could be a large room using Crusher Alien stat line and rules in a large room against an equal amount of points worth of Predators.

What I'm unsure about is will the game unbalance if your tried to make rules for A River Ghost Pack from Predators or the Aliens worse nightmare Ripley 8.
(Or even Batman, Judge Dredd, Terminator and others cross over characters?)

Would this need to be refined as a list of stat lines with cost and then rules and weapons set at costs based on existing Costs etc?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:31 pm 

While I think it is too early to be discussing homebrew stuff, I think the best way to stay balanced is to have the homebrew units proxy as an existing unit to start with.

As someone who has done a lot of homebrew stuff for other systems this is the best way to start. Then gradually make tweaks along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:02 pm 

Big Jim V wrote:
While I think it is too early to be discussing homebrew stuff, I think the best way to stay balanced is to have the homebrew units proxy as an existing unit to start with.

As someone who has done a lot of homebrew stuff for other systems this is the best way to start. Then gradually make tweaks along the way.

That's good advice I suppose subtle tweaks make more sense in order to keep an eye on what could make a unit unbalanced.
Thanks