It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 am 

I am also still waiting for my copy here in Germany. I know that Peer (from the blog http://www.erklaerpeer.de/) has received his three copies of AVP already and has released photos of its unboxing. But not one other backer I know in Hamburg.
And I even haven't received any email which announces the shipping has started for my copy. Sure, he blogs about games and translates for publishers so it's no coincidence that he got his copies already. I am not angry about the fact that there are people who get their stuff early than the average Joe. This is marketing and I don't blame anybody. But if you doesn't even got an email yet in which you learn when to expect your shipment then
this is all very annoying when you consider that it should just take under one week to ship something from one EU country to another EU country. The game is produced in Poland (which is the next neighboring country east of Germany). So what takes so much time?
I have the gut feeling that Prodos is waiting until October so they can just send an update and proclaim that we can pick up our copy in Essen. What about the shipping costs we had to pay? Do we get that money back or can we use it to buy some more in the pledge manager?
But we were told that we would get our game at the very latest in August. This did not happen. I've waited for this game for nearly 1,5 years as any backer. That there are retailers out there who sell it already was never that big problem for me. But now, as the fair in Essen is just around the corner, I am not that relaxed anymore. I am tired of waiting. I know that Prodos had a hard time to get this far in publishing the game but it is so embarrassing to hear from your mocking friends that you still got nothing after this long time. As soon as I have backed AVP I was excited about it and told my friends about it. Then the release got postponed again and again. And I started to repent to be so enthusiastic about it. I am still looking forward to finally get my hands on it. So Prodos please tell us something to be excited about again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:33 pm 

I have also been taking a lot of grief from my wife and friends over this. I was so over the top excited when this ks launched, I told everybody I know, even people who could care less about gaming. I would pass along the info as it came in, show off the pictures of the minis, etc. Now everytime I make peace with having to wait, someone pops the question: "So... have you got your stuff yet?", to my great embarrasment I have to say no. "Do you know when you're getting it?" No. "Oh.... weren't you supposed to have that a long time ago?" Yeah... Sigh...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:08 pm 

Yeah, it is a real shame that this whole issue will likely impact on Warzone Resurrection. Im a big mutant chronicles fan and own forces for five of the seven factions but im refusing to buy any further product from Prodos until they sort out my AvP pledge.

When I got the email saying how I could pre-order the Imperial Book and Hero's of the Solar System I was very tempted but then I remembered how well pre-ordering with Prodos has done me so far so I decided not to bother.

Though, I should have my stuff by October, right? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:05 pm 

OK been getting comments from other forums that the KS backers will be getting the plastic figures and thinner stuff not the promised resin figures and quality box, card pieces and tokens.

Obviously if this is the case then one why are backer boxes taking so long to ship as can buy the same thing in online stores.

If this is the new policy and we have not been told this as not seen anything about changes, just the original KS will get better stuff; then it would seem quicker to cancel the purchase of the KS and repurchase on the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:04 am 

The box contents have changed but the figures are resin.

I'm just wondering if we're ever going to get out stuff. US still hasn't had any shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:14 pm 

Ok just got tagged and sent a note from another forum, here's what was said.

Quote:
krazynadechukr wrote:
UPDATE

I had recieved 1 KS edition & 1 Retail version.

same minis & amounts of minis & bases in each (although mini box is thinner in retail version)
same dice in each (although color can vary)
same cards in each (ks is in white card boxes & retail is rubber banded)
same amount of bases for doors
same rulebook (looks the same, but have not went page by page yet)

KS has flame/acid template on thick card stock but retail does not have template

KS has more tokens & tokens are same thickness as board tiles BUT retail version is less tokens on thinner card stock

The KS edition has 144 board tiles (including the doors) but the Retail version has 112 game tiles (including doors)

KS box is thicker but retail box is thinner

Brown box it came mailed in, KS is stamped with AVP logo but retail is not stamped

There ya go!

So seems to be some differences. As one is not on FB, its bloody difficult to get news of what's happening, and with a lack of emails being sent to backer, and no responses to emails."

{Update} It would seem Prodos has begun packing the retail version into KS boxes and sending them out to KS backers. Anyojne else heard anything. As sure other feel that if backed for extra tiles and tokens with the KS version thats what is bought. Though if this wasa mistake sure Prodos will sed out spare parts or replace.?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:45 pm 

Whoooa. I can only assume this is a shipping error. If not, they're playing a really dangerous game that'll end poorly for their business. Class action lawsuit poor, I'd hope. Luckily there are plenty of KS versions floating around to identify how widespread an issue this is.

Have you posted this up on BGG to make sure it gets to a wider audience? Not in a "cause hysteria" way, but a "remember, this is what you should be getting so report if you see otherwise" way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:10 am 

It is NOT a shipping error. Check out the Dakka topic. Someone posted Jarek's quotes explaining the reasons for the change.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:54 am 

So I wanted to check....Prodos said there would be updates on this forum...Can someone point me in the right direction please cause I can't find it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:28 pm 

Updates will be at their blog, not on the forum (unless they get reposted here).

http://blog.prodosgames.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next