It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 pm 

@crazy cat : they won't answer, they are on holidays
backers are not enough important now as they have already paid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 pm 

Look we totally understand that people are frustrated, but we will not tolerate cursing or calling us liars over and over again. We underestimated the approval process, but now have a handle on it and things are rolling forward.

I am sorry our updates are not satisfactory for you. We are under legal obligation to give scheduled holidays to staff from the beginning of the year. We are still shipping, with the half staff we have in the warehouse.

As to being in shops that was a legal obligation with Fox in the contract. Any shipments still arriving are because the shop did not receive their full initial order when we shipped to them last month.

Ninja Division started shipping to US backers yesterday, and the staff back from holiday have been sending out boxes with renewed fervor.

Your rewards are coming just a little while longer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:56 pm 

Big Jim V wrote:
We are under legal obligation to give scheduled holidays to staff from the beginning of the year. We are still shipping, with the half staff we have in the warehouse.

I get this.

I work in a business delivering to international customers from a base in the UK, with multiple product lines and delivery dates, and I manage 40+ staff in my teams to do this; but the difference as I see it is this - when we have staff shortages, vacant posts, peak workloads, sudden crisis situations, IP isn't ready, and/or people are on leave and this coincides with a delivery deadline for customers what we do is get the extra resource in, be it overtime working or temporary staff, because our priority always is to get it right for teh customer who has already paid for the product.

Prodos, it seems, not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:23 am 

@big jim :
stop erasing our messages - doing this is just feeding our anger
and you have to understand that no one here admit to be served AFTER customers who did not support the project since the beginning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:43 pm 

Big Jim V wrote:
Look we totally understand that people are frustrated, but we will not tolerate cursing or calling us liars over and over again. We underestimated the approval process, but now have a handle on it and things are rolling forward.

I am sorry our updates are not satisfactory for you. We are under legal obligation to give scheduled holidays to staff from the beginning of the year. We are still shipping, with the half staff we have in the warehouse.

As to being in shops that was a legal obligation with Fox in the contract. Any shipments still arriving are because the shop did not receive their full initial order when we shipped to them last month.

Ninja Division started shipping to US backers yesterday, and the staff back from holiday have been sending out boxes with renewed fervor.

Your rewards are coming just a little while longer.

Some things that would help give me a better update.

In an earlier update you said a delay was down to manufacturing and your supplier being slow.
What was this manufacturer providing to you? Have you now got all the stock you need?
If not how many units are you getting per day/week?
Why can't they produce these items for you in the timeframes you must have agreed when you gave your business to them?

If you've got all the stock you need how's it going with the boxing?
How many on average are you getting done a day? (and update this in your weekly update)

If it's all boxed and it's just a case of sending the orders out or your doing both the above and this). Get a nice pic of the pile of boxes your trying to get out of the door( this is something mantic do very well)
tell us on average how many you are getting shipped each day. (again update this in your weekly update)
For the Americans get an update from ninja division on the same things

Give us a backers shipped counter e.g x/2093 shipped (you should know how many you and ninja division have shipped and how many you've got left to ship for wave 1.)

Don't say and not say things in your updates that are just going to wind us up more than needed.

E.g
When you started shipping you said that the only retailers getting copy's before us were also kickstarter backers, this wasnt the case.
If you'd just said straight away what you had to do, far less people would be annoyed at this.

Don't say you won't be sending out more copy's to retailers until we've got our copies and then send the retailers more stock.
Honestly how does this look?
Again if you'd told us upfront that you had to supply retailers as part of your contract with fox and there were orders still outstanding and let us know how in units you needed to deal with this problem would have resulted in Less anger.

The fact is
Some of us are going to be angry with you Prodos, some of us will see some of the conflicting information as lies.

We had your back when you needed funding now have ours by being clear, open and humble and maybe you can lower the anger.

But do you honestly think we're all now going to have your back in this situation again?

And I'm done ........for now, I look forward to this Friday's update :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:50 pm 

There are many people who understand the company circumstances and are eagerly awaiting the game. Keep up your efforts Prodos. I look forward to getting my hands on my copy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:24 pm 

This is Rumor Control and these are the Facts for August 14, 2015:

It been a bit of a quiet time here at Prodos Due to the holiday period we are at the end of, we will be steaming ahead at full strength next week.

1. There will be a new Retail version of the board game, so the Kickstarter version will become more exclusive again. The backers received the game via the Kickstarter with a huge discount, meaning that there was a small gap between the production cost and money received (profit on the game box), however, between 2013 when we initially have did the calculation and the time 2015 rolled up the manufacturing cost went up by almost 30%, meaning that we as Prodos have taken the cost on the chin, after all, the delays caused with approval and so on are not backers problem but instead are ours.

Now we have been told that the material cost is going up again, by 15%. We along with the manufacturer have come to consensus that we will release 2 versions of the game; the Kickstarter that you will receive and the retail that shops will begin receiving; the retail will be different from the Kickstarter version you will be getting, the box weights less by over 1KG (different materials used) and will be smaller by 3cm (with a new layout). There will also be a reduction in the number of tiles (a few corridors will be removed plus flamer and blast template is also game- since they are not used in the core board game at all).

This will allow us to make a retail version and KS as a 2 different version of the games as initially promised, thus, you the backer will keep the value vs money and quality that you have paid in 2013.

2. We are happy to announce that the Spanish version of the AvP:THB rules PDF is available to download on our website in the Download section. The French and German versions should be available next week.
If you would like to receive your game in different language than English we will make it an option in the pledge manager next week, as long as your game was not shipped already, we will get you the language of your choice sent to you.

3. Shipping and Wave 1 completion, we are doing our best to get all Wave 1 boxes shipped by the end of August, however this may slip until the middle of September. We understand this will be upsetting too many and are sorry that it is the case, but we want to be as honest as we can here. All North American backers will be sent by the end of August via our US partners Ninja Division.

Please bear with us a little while longer, we are shipping, it is steady going but a bit slow. Know that your rewards are coming, it’s just taking longer than we initially expected and for that we are truly sorry.

You the Kickstarter backers are very important to us and we are not happy that many of you are upset, we really wish it could be different, honestly. We wish you all had your board game boxes already and we were well on to Wave 2.

Cheers,
Prodos Games LTD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:25 pm 

So still no backers shipped tracker?

From listening to the wee gamers interview it sounds like retail orders will still be going out as these are paying for shipping of the kickstarter games. Is this correct?

What's the unit split between us and retail being shipped?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:52 pm 

@big jim : the good news for me is the possibility to get the rules in french
great (finally hoping game has not been sent)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:32 pm 

Quote:
You the Kickstarter backers are very important to us and we are not happy that many of you are upset, we really wish it could be different, honestly. We wish you all had your board game boxes already and we were well on to Wave 2.

No, you (not you personaly, Prodos) do not wish backers had their boxes already.

Because if you did, backers' boxes would have been sent before retail, or at the very least before opening sales on Prodos' website.

With all respect and politeness, this is a plain lie. You had boxes, you chose to send them to not-backers in first instance. So no, you do not wish backers already had their box.

We'll all live through that, but don't expect backers to forget about it, and don't expect players all around the world to not laugh about how poorly Prodos considers its backers.

Quote:
This is Rumor Control and these are the Facts for August 14, 2015:

We can play with facts too: on the biggest French boardgame community, we can daily read comments of non-backers receiving their boxes, and daily backers are answering to complain, because they are in the end of the line you set. I surely don't believe this will ever be forgotten.

It's just here: http://www.trictrac.net/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p2326430
9 pages, 3922 views. be my guest, have a read.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next