It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: My unboxing review.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:55 pm 

Hi,guys.got my game yesterday but I was working last night so,decided to wait until today to look at at..

Firstly I must just say,ive got quite a big collection of board/card games.so im not new to them.but I am very critical as well.if I don't like something I will say so..
ok,onto my unboxing experience today.....................
Firstly this is one BIG box.. art work on the box is stunning when opened all the tiles are on boards..13 boards in all!!..
the imagery on the tiles is just amazing and really does give the feeling of the AvP universe [creepy claustrophobic corridors etc]
there are over 80 separate tiles in the box.everything from infestation rooms to corridors to air vent corridors.all the tiles are double sided so that's a hell of a lot of tiles for your buck..theres also quite a lot of doors..theres lots and lots of different types of tokens some general and some class specific. theres 110 cards that also come with the game...mission cards class cards advanced mission cards etc etc..again really good artwork on them all.there has been some criticism of the cards being too dark or dull..well,if your after nice bright cards id say go play smallworld or something like that..these cards are like this because they keep with the game univers settings..and don't forget everything has got to be passed by Fox..if its good enough for them its good enough for me!!..theres also 3xD20 dice
now onto the figures... these are without doubt the best sculptured figures I have ever bought..and I have quite a lot of different ones.the detail is amazing on them all.and there are different poses as well.theres a very small amount of gluing and clipping to do but I do mean a very small amount...and I cant wait to paint these bad boys !
last but not least theres the rulebook.which again oozes quality very well laid out lots of pics and detail nicely set out so easy to get into.

so,my final thoughts are...one great boardgame contents and quality wise.anyone thinking of buying this think no longer this is pure quality which prodos games are known for with their warzone game.

and finally a big thank you to Jarek and the whole team for making such a high quality game.

laters all.

Gary