It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 am 

Alien resurrection minus newborn.

would this have made it a better movie?

my personal opinion is..definitely !!...had a decent storyline.some top characters.and a great setting [we need to be doing mods for this methinks?]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:30 am 

No, No, No and NO! :lol:

The whole film was an awful mess, which frankly let the whole series down IMO.
The bullet ricochet sequence was dire. The military leader bloke looking at his own chomped skull bits was dire.
The basket ball sequence was dire. The newborn is the single worst part of any alien movie and was dire.
I could go on, but i think you get the idea that i thought the whole film was DIRE. :lol:

ps, please, please, please, please, please Prodos, leave the whole film and everything in it, out of this great game you've made.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:34 pm 

I like the movie, and got used to the Newborn... okay, maybe not used to it, but have to accept it... or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:21 pm 

Popsical wrote:
No, No, No and NO! :lol:

The whole film was an awful mess, which frankly let the whole series down IMO.
The bullet ricochet sequence was dire. The military leader bloke looking at his own chomped skull bits was dire.
The basket ball sequence was dire. The newborn is the single worst part of any alien movie and was dire.
I could go on, but i think you get the idea that i thought the whole film was DIRE. :lol:

ps, please, please, please, please, please Prodos, leave the whole film and everything in it, out of this great game you've made.

LOL.

well, only film of the alien franchise movies that didn't really have any bad parts in was the first movie...yes,aliens was good even great but it had a few bad parts in it [ripleys "get away from her you bitch"springs to mind].

and my fave bit in the third movie when Dillon starts wading into the guys who were just about to rape ripley [re-educate the brothers] with an iron bar....rofl.

so,you see what im getting at?... but the new born had the cinema in stitches..and 2 guys behind me got up and left

I don't think resurrection is part of the fox franchise..so it wont be coming through prodos..but I think its a prime target for mod makers...great setting which could easily be incorporated into this game

as I said in another post. movie franchise suffers from the same thing as the likes of batman and others...different directors means different things...look at the batman movies first 2 brilliant...rest meh, then first 2 of nolans trilogy brilliant..last one meh...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:03 pm 

I agree with you on many points.
Not on Batman tho. Im a fan of the Adam West, Burt Ward series.
To me Batman is and always has been "POW, THOK, KERBLAM!", oh and a guy in a leotard with a beer gut waddling round with Robin saying "some days you just get rid of a bomb!"
So the 3rd and 4th movies were cool for me, especially Batman and Robin.
I just never get used to folk taking Batman "seriously", it was originally a comic full of "POW, THOK and KERBLAM", not a dark and sinister scifi horror mix.
Just taste i suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:25 pm 

FWIW, Alien Resurrection, was absolutely a part of the Fox franchise. It is a crying shame, and most of us wish it was never made, but... that particular turd of a movie was in fact licenced by Fox.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 pm 

yes now I think,it was part of the fox franchise.but I read somewhere that prodos isn't using it ????..some licensing issue I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:38 am 

tootz wrote:
yes now I think,it was part of the fox franchise.but I read somewhere that prodos isn't using it ????..some licensing issue I think.

Shame :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:23 pm 

One of the things I don't like about resurrection is that it pretends to be a sort of parody, more than the newborn witch is stupid, the hole plot pretends to be satiric.

I don't like when Sci fi pretend to be satiric in an already created world. You can create your own for your shitty sence of humor and It will be grate, don't touch what should not be touch.

But I must say I really really like the scenery in that movie, It is something you don't notice and is not a cheap as all the other stuff in the movie.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:11 pm 

harec wrote:
One of the things I don't like about resurrection is that it pretends to be a sort of parody, more than the newborn witch is stupid, the hole plot pretends to be satiric.

I don't like when Sci fi pretend to be satiric in an already created world. You can create your own for your shitty sence of humor and It will be grate, don't touch what should not be touch.

But I must say I really really like the scenery in that movie, It is something you don't notice and is not a cheap as all the other stuff in the movie.

yes I agree.i thought the story was decent but the script wasn't the best..the settings are probably my fav in all the aliens films [unless you add avp I loved the temple setting]