It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 am 

Has anyone gotten a reply from KS@prodosgames.com ??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:50 am 

Shinnentai wrote:
Their door-stand manufacturer stopped producing door-stands XD

Maybe that's why I got my 'maybe-retail' version with blue door stands a week ago...and with these dice (of course just 3 of them):
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/peripher ... -dice.html

But I'm not a Kickstarter backer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:40 pm 

Xerxesz wrote:
Shinnentai wrote:
Their door-stand manufacturer stopped producing door-stands XD

Maybe that's why I got my 'maybe-retail' version with blue door stands a week ago...and with these dice (of course just 3 of them):
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/peripher ... -dice.html

But I'm not a Kickstarter backer.

Yes I'm certain of that - this is from Jarek's mid-Feb update which I posted on page 9 of this thread :

"as a result some of you may receive a board game with different than black door stands, we took whatever supplier had in stock."

I know it's more of a straight-up boardgame than miniatures board-game, but when I read sentences like that I can't help but compare them to the attention to detail and quality which Jamey Stegmaier is displaying in his latest Kickstarter project (Scythe) - by comparison Prodos have thrown together a really shoddy piece of tat.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 am 

Jeekay wrote:
Has anyone gotten a reply from KS@prodosgames.com ??

Nope. I emailed them. I've been rewarded with silence.
I imagine a group of Prodos types listening to their leader say, "Let them eat static."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 am 

Has anyone called them with succes?
I tried to call them ( +441926431831 according to their website), but they didn't pick-up (Friday 10 am UK-time).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:16 pm 

I have sent e-mails with no answer, yet i was e-mailed straight back to join this forum.I have also sent an e-mail to the Uk Fox complaints department for what its worth.A few others on BBG have done the same i think.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:31 am 

Well that really won't help issues imo. They're posting stuff for the last few weeks and plenty of people are getting their waves of stuff but because you haven't, you decide to possibly risk the entire project. Not clever. I understand your frustration but have you considered the ramifications? What can Fox do? They can pull the licence or they can put pressure on prodos to get the product shipped faster which if prodos can't do because of resource issues could result in ......Fox pulling the licence. So I'm wondering, out of all these options, which one of them gets you your miniatures. As I said, I understand the frustration but when the company has hit some snags (yes they haven't dealt with them the best way), then there are going to be delays and sending emails to Fox will only damage the game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:43 pm 

Whampiri's right, folks. Being a squeaky wheel with Prodos will eventually get a response (usually a link back here or to an email that's never checked), but pestering FOX can only result in bad things for the product. The fact that Fox is so picky about their franchises and what they will and will not release (according to specific criteria determined by consulting the ancient Necronomicon, after consulting with the spirits of the employees they have enslaved and then jabbing them with hot irons) will only put a microscope over the whole project, focusing all the negativity that's already present into a destructive laser beam of "you screwed up."

When this happens, projects die and licenses get pulled. FAST.

Fox held up the initial approval over little details like the height of the spines on the alien warrior's tail for WEEKS. Imagine what they'd do if the company entrusted to promote and sell the brand was tanking so badly that the customers went over the heads of that company to Fox themselves.

"Game over, man! Game over!" In a very literal sense, too.

By all means, open up communication with Prodos. Let them know you're unhappy. Tell them you'd like answers. Explain where you stand on the issues you're facing. Just don't run to Daddy Fox with a snotty nose and tears in your eyes because you're not able to play with your toys.

Also, this forum's a great place to vent frustrations AND be noticed to a degree. Try to keep it here, instead of cluttering some big wig's email box, when that person can pull the plug on the whole affair.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

Never had a reply from prodos to my e-mails, paid them £178 pounds and been waiting two years or so, i forget how long.So if daddy fox can help his little golden prince get his toys all the better. I have purchased river horse terminator figures all resin cast by prodos, so they cant be going under just yet from foxes jack boot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:57 am 

If Prodos would actually reply to communication, then people wouldn't feel the need to bang the drum louder.

I offered to pick my items up directly, I know I'm not the only one. If shipping is the issue then I would have thought Prodos would be happy for the help.

They have severely damaged their own product with how post-KS has been handled; yes, they may have had to fulfill obligations with retailers and get cash into the company to keep shipping, but how many people do you know who now play AvP or are enthused about the game? I don't know any. The mini gaming community is fuelled by word of mouth and positive customer experiences. The wave of excitement generated by the license has now been annihilated to the point where most people just want to get their models and forget about it.

I was really supportive of Prodos initially, but now I just feel angry and let down as a customer. I spent a lot of money on that KS, and I do not feel remotely valued. The tone of the communications and the lack of responses doesn't help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next