It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:26 am 

I paid £650+ to Prodos on this KS. I've received the basic game box and nothing else. How many emails have I sent? Zero. How many rants have I gone on? Zero. I am a firm believer that it will get here when it gets here.
I can understand the frustration. Goodness knows I'm quite deeply invested myself with little to show for it. I am less than thrilled with how Prodos is handling this, but I have to agree with the voice of reason above. Trying to stir things up because my box of TOYS hasn't arrived yet is counterproductive.
Is it galling that I can buy the same things I'm waiting for via retail or even Prodos's own website? Absolutely. Quite so, in fact. Worth threatening legal action, or trying to get a corporate giant to hammer one of its licensees? Hardly. More and more postings are starting to pop up saying, "something finally arrived!" That seems indicative to me that things are FINALLY starting to flow, and I think it's better to let Prodos get on with getting on, than try to stir up some new crisis that they have to suddenly spend unbudgeted time and money dealing with.
I know my position is probably an unpopular one, but I think things ARE finally starting to get out there to backers, and that all of us still waiting should really carefully consider what we do right now so that we avoid derailing the progress that finally seems to be being made.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:56 am 

I hope Fox does jerk knot in their ass. And if Fox takes the license back it opens up the possibility of an honest and competent company (i.e. NOT Prodos) to get it in the future.

No way I'm going to hope anything works out in Prodos' favor at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 am 

Tacblue wrote:
I paid £650+ to Prodos on this KS. I've received the basic game box and nothing else. How many emails have I sent? Zero. How many rants have I gone on? Zero. I am a firm believer that it will get here when it gets here.
I can understand the frustration. Goodness knows I'm quite deeply invested myself with little to show for it. I am less than thrilled with how Prodos is handling this, but I have to agree with the voice of reason above. Trying to stir things up because my box of TOYS hasn't arrived yet is counterproductive.
Is it galling that I can buy the same things I'm waiting for via retail or even Prodos's own website? Absolutely. Quite so, in fact. Worth threatening legal action, or trying to get a corporate giant to hammer one of its licensees? Hardly. More and more postings are starting to pop up saying, "something finally arrived!" That seems indicative to me that things are FINALLY starting to flow, and I think it's better to let Prodos get on with getting on, than try to stir up some new crisis that they have to suddenly spend unbudgeted time and money dealing with.
I know my position is probably an unpopular one, but I think things ARE finally starting to get out there to backers, and that all of us still waiting should really carefully consider what we do right now so that we avoid derailing the progress that finally seems to be being made.

At least you got something. I only got prommisses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:07 pm 

Tacblue wrote:
Trying to stir things up because my box of TOYS hasn't arrived yet is counterproductive.

I don't think it's legitimate to say that because this is a luxury product, somehow asking for it to have arrived by now is some sort of immature position. I spent serious money on the KS, which at the time was disposable income that I simply don't have anymore.

I'm actually against people going to Fox or taking legal action because I want my models, but it's not the fault of the frustrated customers, it's a symptom of people feeling like they aren't being listened to. This is the official Prodos forum and there hasn't been anything to address people's concerns in this thread recently. If I was a non KS customer who had just ordered a few models and came on the forums to check out the game, I'd seriously consider cancelling the order because it just doesn't look good.

And I've not received my boxed game, either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:40 am 

Not saying it's necessarily an immature position to be frustrated, but at the end of the day, it IS only a box of toys.

And I guess I AM in the lucky minority to have actually received anything. Doubly so as I am in the USA and not able to pick anything up at any of the Euro shows where they were handing stuff out to people.

Of course, it DID arrive a few days AFTER I broke down and bought someone's copy off eBay, after deciding to write off the whole thing as an investment that didn't pay off.

Sighhh...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:37 pm 

Tacblue, if you're feeling generous, maybe you'd like to donate the extras to another US backer whose wife curses him every day for spending money on the pre-order? ;) (Hint: It's me.) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:23 am 

Gendasi wrote:
Tacblue, if you're feeling generous, maybe you'd like to donate the extras to another US backer whose wife curses him every day for spending money on the pre-order? ;) (Hint: It's me.) :lol:

Hahaha... you know, if I've learned nothing else in sixteen years of wedded "bliss", it's this: DON'T TELL THEM. ;)

But I'll keep you in mind...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:13 pm 

Tacblue wrote:
... if I've learned nothing else in sixteen years of wedded "bliss", it's this: DON'T TELL THEM. ;)...

Oddly enough, it was my wife who pointed me towards them. Can't win, sometimes! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:26 pm 

Tacblue wrote:
...it IS only a box of toys...

Hey, I paid for this and I have received nothing. Doesn't matter what the product is. If you accept somebody's money, you need to make good on your promise to deliver the goods.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:35 pm 

rgard wrote:
Tacblue wrote:
...it IS only a box of toys...

Hey, I paid for this and I have received nothing. Doesn't matter what the product is. If you accept somebody's money, you need to make good on your promise to deliver the goods.

But at least you contributed to the creation of such a great game!

:twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next