It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:25 pm 

Shinnentai wrote:
Wow that was really uncalled for, Paintmeister - seems like you're taking out your frustrations on the wrong person there. No need to start biting at eachother.

Are you kidding mate??? You're barking at the wrong cat here sunshine!

Re-read the first couple of lines of his post. Didn't appreciate his throwing it in my face with his comment about "not even 200quid - hahahahaha, no tears here." What the hell!

Does he think that because I only invested 200quid in the project that I should shut up, be patient, not express my opinion like everyone else in this folder?

Or that because he invested 1K in the project (damm site more trusting than I would have been, let alone have that much to spend on a potential uncertainty) that his opinion/posts in this folder hold more significance! Not likely Champ!

If that was not the intent of his post, then I suggest he re-evaluate his words in those first sentences. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:47 pm 

have to say i agree with paintmeister re earlier sentiments from Tex

doesn't matter what you spend if you get nothing for it, and all you hear are empty promises

1k to spend on a KS is insane, but up to each i suppose. depends on how much cash you have / are prepared to lose

prodos are loving this i bet, as backers are now starting to argue amongst themselves and leaving them alone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:25 am 

Hey guys... Moderator here. I am not going to lock, nor delete any comments on this thread as I feel open discourse is good for everyone. Understand everyone has a right to their opinions. Lets keep this civil and not attack each other. Though I am not a Prodos employee (purely volunteer), I will bring this conversation up to the Prodos team.

Thanks,
Diggity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 am 

Thanks

Perhaps they will then respond to the individuals and tell them when they will get what's owed to them, and everyone else for that matter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:57 pm 

Thanks for stepping in, Diggity.

I imagine this must be like nailing Jell-O to a tree, keeping this place from turning into a seething pit of bitterness.

I come here for updates, not nerd rage "where are my toys" rants.

We should all just be patient, realize that there's still a lot of work to be done, and hang in there. I haven't always been supportive, and I plan to not buy anything from Prodos in the future after this debacle, but I believe they're working on solving the problems. Could they have done better? Sure. Can they be trying harder, now? Almost certainly. But tempers are short and patience is at a premium all over, not just among the customers.

FOX dragged their feet for months on approval of various kits. They did it again with a new set. Prodos had wanted to have everything out so long ago that this is surely making the folks their wish they'd at least pitched the idea to the people at FOX ages before the Kickstarter.

I'm still pissed at the lack of communication, as everyone else should be, but let's not turn on one another or get upset that these guys are doing their best to keep a product line afloat after a MAJOR blow that was completely unexpected. They should have anticipated these things, done more research, and refined their techniques, sure. However, they're still making the attempt, which is more than I can say for other projects I've backed.

Would I prefer a refund, at this point? Sure, but that's no option. That said, I'm going to sit and impatiently wait like everyone else, growing steadily more angry until the day my TOYS (because that's what they are, people) arrive. On that day, I wash my hands of it all and simply enjoy my minis.

Calm down and find something else to do with your time, like reading, fishing, paintball, or video games. It's going to be a while before your little plastic monsters arrive and raging in a forum won't help anything.

Cool your jets, turn on the business part of your brains, and think about it a little bit before flying off the handle. No reason for anyone to get mean on here. Wave 3 models are still being approved/produced, so some of us are siply sitting on a whole lot of nothing just a bit longer.

It's not essential to our health and survival.

We can wait.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:36 pm 

Some nice words and sentiment but words from Prodos would bed better

In my opinion they should be doing a lot more communication with everyone and an update EVERY week is the absolute minimum they should do

They may be toys but they are bloody expensive ones and even more so if you have none for the money paid out

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:25 am 

paintmiester wrote:
"I was in for around 1K.......I've got about 300 models on the way" Hahahahahahahaha {sorry no tears here} Good on ya Champ - SA!!!
Wow, didn't realise it was an appendage measuring contest! Couldn't give a flying #@** as to how much you've invested.

There are those who don't have the liquid income to frivolously throw at our hobbies - "I'm in for 1K". Have you heard of things like, oh for example the cost of living? So, instead of being self absessed, consideration for those who have put their hard earned dollars towards helping Prodos and being kept in the dark, not informed, waiting years etc, would be appropriate one would think.

As for "their dream isn`t up and running", Champ, there are actual figures on shelves for sale, the full boxed game sent out and sold, extras sold, revenue coming in from sales, etc, etc. Don't know about your understanding of that, but to my way of thinking that is pretty damm fair indication that Prodos' dream is up and running! Besides which, I'm fairly certain I didn`t say "their dream is a successful venture"; did I?

Additionally, Jarek has admitted on video interviews that they bit off more than they could chew and didn't expect the depth of problems they have faced with Fox Studios. So who's fault is that? Certainly not the backers Champ!

I don't doubt the issue over freight, approval, costs caused by delays! Again, not the problem of the backers.

Granted the project isnt working out how they thought it would, but who's issue is that? Again, not the backers Champ.

I agree that patience helps in this situation, but come on - 2yrs! Really! If Jarek & the crew "crumble" at how things are going, then that's an aspect of the business venture they got themselves into. The backers 'bought into' this business venture in good faith. Trusting to what Prodos put up in print way back then. What you seem to miss is the common point of the grievances of the backers - poor communication and distrust of backer understanding and support!

Now, before you throw on your keyboard commando suit, I acknowledge that not every single backer of this project would be understanding. But Prodos put this project out there in the global space seeking the support of folks to finance their dream. So have the decency to acknowledge their backers, trust them to understand and reinforce the support potential from us all.

Prodos doesn't tell us about an issue which is going to impact on meeting delivery targets, because they didn't want to alarm backers and they thought they could resolve it before it became an issue! Well guess what, it was an issue nonetheless and they should have trusted that whilst the majority of the backers would be upset, most would at least understand. As soon as Prodos started keeping backers in the dark and not entrusting to their backers, they created another problem - dwindling support and loyalty. This point alone has been the root cause of the angst shown in these forums and elsewhere.

Oh, by the way, for your edification, my use of the word champ is not as intended by the definition in the Oxford dictionary!

Wow, that went down wrong, sorry......it's not about appendage or anything else was just meant to be designed as a bit of banter.....but never mind. The "tears" remark was at how much I forked in. and kinda wishing I hadn't......and the HAHahahaha was the sort of nervous laughing into 'tears' so go shove it, mate. No where did I say no tears here. You have pulled words out of your ass and built a straw man out of them. Have fun beating it up. Please calm down and take comments as they are rather than adding words.

None of my comments were about comparing the sizes of anything other than there are all manner of people still waiting for goods from 200-1000 to whatever else we are all in the same boat waiting for what we want. I was thinking that they were leaving all the larger pledges till the end but seeing as he is at 200 and has not received anything either that doesn't necessarily seem the case. If anything just trying to see if there was a pattern...but it genuinely seems random.

Regardless I didn't mean anything like what you seem to think I meant, and I hope you have a good day.

EDIT; I can see how it was understood, I must stress, but again that was not what was intended and I apologize for the way you feel. But I do hope that you can see that you read the comment annoyed or with a negative mental space and hence saw it in a negative light rather than as a more jovial comment as it was actually intended.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:20 am 

KS backers shouldn't be comparing what they spent against what another one has spent, but simply asking Prodos the burning question...

why if i gave you money based on a promise of getting product(s), have i still not got what you promised i would get, and what i PAID for in full at the outset.

the cost of attending Salute alone would have paid for dozens of courier costs to ship games and add-ons as the trade table costs for that show are very high indeed.

instead of inviting people to 'see you at the party' they should have stayed at home and got some more games out to those that don't have them yet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:15 pm 

Tex wrote:
paintmiester wrote:
"I was in for around 1K.......I've got about 300 models on the way" Hahahahahahahaha {sorry no tears here} Good on ya Champ - SA!!!
Wow, didn't realise it was an appendage measuring contest! Couldn't give a flying #@** as to how much you've invested.

There are those who don't have the liquid income to frivolously throw at our hobbies - "I'm in for 1K". Have you heard of things like, oh for example the cost of living? So, instead of being self absessed, consideration for those who have put their hard earned dollars towards helping Prodos and being kept in the dark, not informed, waiting years etc, would be appropriate one would think.

As for "their dream isn`t up and running", Champ, there are actual figures on shelves for sale, the full boxed game sent out and sold, extras sold, revenue coming in from sales, etc, etc. Don't know about your understanding of that, but to my way of thinking that is pretty damm fair indication that Prodos' dream is up and running! Besides which, I'm fairly certain I didn`t say "their dream is a successful venture"; did I?

Additionally, Jarek has admitted on video interviews that they bit off more than they could chew and didn't expect the depth of problems they have faced with Fox Studios. So who's fault is that? Certainly not the backers Champ!

I don't doubt the issue over freight, approval, costs caused by delays! Again, not the problem of the backers.

Granted the project isnt working out how they thought it would, but who's issue is that? Again, not the backers Champ.

I agree that patience helps in this situation, but come on - 2yrs! Really! If Jarek & the crew "crumble" at how things are going, then that's an aspect of the business venture they got themselves into. The backers 'bought into' this business venture in good faith. Trusting to what Prodos put up in print way back then. What you seem to miss is the common point of the grievances of the backers - poor communication and distrust of backer understanding and support!

Now, before you throw on your keyboard commando suit, I acknowledge that not every single backer of this project would be understanding. But Prodos put this project out there in the global space seeking the support of folks to finance their dream. So have the decency to acknowledge their backers, trust them to understand and reinforce the support potential from us all.

Prodos doesn't tell us about an issue which is going to impact on meeting delivery targets, because they didn't want to alarm backers and they thought they could resolve it before it became an issue! Well guess what, it was an issue nonetheless and they should have trusted that whilst the majority of the backers would be upset, most would at least understand. As soon as Prodos started keeping backers in the dark and not entrusting to their backers, they created another problem - dwindling support and loyalty. This point alone has been the root cause of the angst shown in these forums and elsewhere.

Oh, by the way, for your edification, my use of the word champ is not as intended by the definition in the Oxford dictionary!

Wow, that went down wrong, sorry......it's not about appendage or anything else was just meant to be designed as a bit of banter.....but never mind. The "tears" remark was at how much I forked in. and kinda wishing I hadn't......and the HAHahahaha was the sort of nervous laughing into 'tears' so go shove it, mate. No where did I say no tears here. You have pulled words out of your ass and built a straw man out of them. Have fun beating it up. Please calm down and take comments as they are rather than adding words.

None of my comments were about comparing the sizes of anything other than there are all manner of people still waiting for goods from 200-1000 to whatever else we are all in the same boat waiting for what we want. I was thinking that they were leaving all the larger pledges till the end but seeing as he is at 200 and has not received anything either that doesn't necessarily seem the case. If anything just trying to see if there was a pattern...but it genuinely seems random.

Regardless I didn't mean anything like what you seem to think I meant, and I hope you have a good day.

EDIT; I can see how it was understood, I must stress, but again that was not what was intended and I apologize for the way you feel. But I do hope that you can see that you read the comment annoyed or with a negative mental space and hence saw it in a negative light rather than as a more jovial comment as it was actually intended.

Hmmmm, how did I know you would respond......

Geez tex, you sure know how to dig a deeper hole for yourself, don't you! Pulling words out of my arse & making a straw man eh! Seems you have bigger issues here.

If your response to my post was not intended as it turned out, then you need to work on your sentence structure and use of the English language.

Fair enough, your response was badly written. That I can accept, but then you come back with another badly structured comment, which in the context of the thread is inflammatory. Have the testicular fortitude to man up, cop it sweet & apologize instead of trying to come out of this looking to hold the morale high ground by way of explanation. You lost any chance of that with your first response to my post.

If you were looking for any patterns, rhyme or reason to what Prodos was doing, then you should have structured the paragragh accordingly. Had you said it to my face the way your words & sentence structure intoned it, you'd have regretted it instantly, believe me! That said though, there is a big difference in the spoken word & what is written, or in this case typed. Expression & tone may have helped you out of the poor choice of words. You meant it to be banter, well sorry, in that regard you missed the mark by a country mile.

As to the whole problem with this KS. I don't care how or what the issues are that Prodos are having. They made some critical errors which became the catalyst for the state of play we are all involved in. For the record, I have received an email from Michal stating my pledge and extras will be shipped in the coming week. All good, but I think I'll reserve judgement until I get eyes on.

The cynical side of me wonders if the response was purely prompted by my last email? Was it what I said that galvanised a response? Possibly pure coincidence. The optomist in me hopes so. As to if i will buy anything further, highly unlikely. In this regard I'm not alone in the global gaming community.

Personally, the team lost me when they decided to not trust their fanbase with honesty and transparency of actions. Yes, they would have not pleased 100% of us, but they would have held the trust of the majority of us.

Phoenixman: agree with your sentiment and your response after my first post was proof enough of the apparent (even if not intended) intent of tex's response.

Diggity: mate, your call if you want to can this. I'm not getting agro, rather look at this as an attempt to help educate someone in the cautionary miscarriage of the use of the English language. As well as a warning to always re-read one's post/response before hitting that submit button.

Tex: let it go sunshine, move on with life.

Shot out...... nothing further to add.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:01 pm 

Read the first line and don't feel like I need reading any further, you don't seem like a reasonable person. Good luck to you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next