It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:15 pm 

Compared to other kickstarters I've gotten involved with, it isnt the lack of the product which annoys me about AvP. It's the fact that other people have had it from retail FOR MONTHS. And many people now have wave 2.
I just find it so perplexing that people I know have purchased and are playing with 3/4 of the stuff I pledged for, from various websites, for less than I paid... and I havent even recieved an email. The pledge manager all looks fine but I'm just waiting... and waiting... with no end in sight.

Other things I kickstarted at the same time I am still waiting for... but they havent bloody sold the stuff retail in the meantime. Everyone is waiting, and they are still promissing that backers will get the stuff before (or at the same time) as retail.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:24 pm 

Hi people.

Just looking at my own topic after 2 months. Sorry for such a pause, but i see and actually there is no point in doing anything game-related here until i actually... get the game.

So let me start by saying that your suffering cheered me up a bit. I was concerned that something went awfully wrong after me seeing the AvP board game on the shelves of many retail board game shops in several countries and still not receiving anything from Prodos.

As a side note, that box has a very strange dimensions. Its takes huge horizontal space but is amazingly thin for a board/tabletop game. I guess all the miniatures are packed in one layer on top of the gaming board.
I think the way the Games Workshop games (and 99% of board games) are packed is better way of doing it; the smaller but much thicker boxes mean there is more headroom and acceptance for squishing and taking pressure. Not mentioning the enhanced storage possibilities.
AvP board game box does not provide any sturdiness in the middle part and i hope everything comes to me in a satisfactory state.

I also have something for all the impatient souls regarding communication with Prodos. i do not know how much of it is true, but a shop owner told me Prodos is a small and no doubt very successful startup company consisting of just a few guys. He said something like "1 guy in the office and 2 packing the boxes". it does sound like a jest but you get a picture. No wonder than , that getting any answer from them is outright impossible.

Anyway, on the bright side, i would say , it is high time for us to be getting our pledges and i can not imagine taking it any much longer than this. Right, right? :D i will be on the lookout on this forum and my post box for the next month.

Cheers
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:28 am 

Never mind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:46 pm 

So I went the "squeaky wheel" route and just kept sending e-mails until I got a response. The story for those of us in the states is that they have a third party sending us our pledges. Not sure why it was taking them so long, but they said that after their last blog post in October they stopped shipping out our stuff because they are sending a bunch of add-on's to start including in shipping. Since every time a new package is shipped, it costs them money, they are trying to save a bit this way. They said shipping should resume next week, though I have no clue as to the pace. They also said their focus would be on getting it to the people who haven't gotten anything yet before getting it to those that got the base game.

While I think it was a mistake on their part not guaranteeing the prices of production and shipping before they even started their Kickstarter, at least we have ample evidence that it is coming out. It sounds like they are in the same place they were in with Warzone, having to use profits from sales to pay for backer shipping. Since this is the second time this has happened, I think this will be my last experience with Prodos. In all honesty, they should sell the company and leave the business end to someone else while they just maintain their focus on miniatures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:59 pm 

I wonder if I can actually get to two years before my KS is delivered, meaning two years since the original and optimistic May 2014 date. I have emailed Prodos and will try again this week. Maybe once a week until I get a response.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm 

check out the post re Jareks facebook pics for an update

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:03 pm 

I sent them an email two days ago and got a response in a few hours. Apparently my pledge has been partially sent! One can always hope right? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:51 pm 

Grumpy wrote:
I sent them an email two days ago and got a response in a few hours. Apparently my pledge has been partially sent! One can always hope right? ;)

Am I unreasonable in expecting somebody would email us when the shipment is sent?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:15 pm 

hate the word 'partial'

could mean anything

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm 

rgard wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

Am I unreasonable in expecting somebody would email us when the shipment is sent?

Not in any way! I just wanted to try something different, I've tried the waiting and being patient, that only lasted a few months, then the bitching on different boards, which I've been doing for over the last year. Now I've sent off the email, gotten a response, and when I check the pm, instead of saying awaiting, it now says partially shipped.

Phoenixman wrote:
hate the word 'partial'

could mean anything

It could, but they gave me a detailed list of what was included, so I hope at least that part is right. As for when will the rest of it be sent? Who knows. Most importantly though, I will not get my hopes up too high about this, I haven't recieved a tracking number, so all of this could very well just be lip service. I will know for sure when it shows up on my door step. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next