It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:46 pm 

As one of the people whe missed the KS campaign but managed to make the pre-order, let me say that the Kickstarter folks aren't the only ones without their games. I'm still waiting to hear anything about my order, too. As are the majority of US customers. Not a word on us, though. There are pre-order (that's AFTER Kickstarter, for you slow folks) customers who have gotten their products and an entire country that's in a blackout, for the most part.

And someone wants to bring up what YEAR it's going to be and make points towards... what, exactly? We can't play another game, by the way. We've spent all our money on this one!

Before you go and act the part of the valiant white knight, check some facts, please. Also, making your point in a fashion that addresses the subject would be useful.

Seeing the products packaged and ready to go to retailers is great, but I seem to recall Prodos saying they spent the KS and Pre-order money on expanding, rather than delivering as they'd promised. ZDelivery was alos more expensive than they'd anticipated, so yes, we're cutting them slack. TWO YEARS of it. I'm not about to write off $600USD as an "oops" and go play another game, though. The backers and customers have sympathy for the company and one another, but there seems to be very little coming down from the guys with our money and shiny new playthings to give us hope. There also seems to be a complete lack of sympathy from them.

Those are the issues being addressed, not the fact that it's going to be 2016 and they have to listen to FOX mandate things (which is only true of design and franchise accuracy). If you're not going to take the time to do some reading, don't take the time to do the typing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:02 pm 

well said Gendasi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:33 am 

What makes this situation worse is the lack of communication from Prodos. I would be much happier if they would give us the numbers of what has shipped by country and how many they have yet to ship. And then a weekly update of progress would be expected.

Not knowing any status beyond "we're working on it" leaves us who have received nothing wondering if maybe our orders are lost at Prodos? Maybe our orders were shipped then stolen off our front steps and we don't know it? Maybe Prodos never intends to make good on this?

It's not too much to ask. Prodos has the numbers. I can only surmise they are being bloody minded about this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:25 am 

communication is everything in all business dealings, and a KS project is indeed just that, a business dealing / contract.

one promises to provide funds to another, and the other promises to deliver goods against that prepayment.

Prodos must remember that the continued success and sales of the game related products was / is reliant on the KS backers giving them up front backing, and Prodos have a duty to make good on their promise.

if as someone says Prodos used some funds from this to expand rather than provide products to KS backers , then that is breaking the contract. if this is not the case then they need to issue a statement telling everyone this, but also as above list country by country who has had what, where and when.

come on Prodos keep your reputation and advise what is happening, and doing so urgently will give everyone still waiting a little xmas cheer over their missing goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm 

No textwall, this time. I promise.

Communication IS key. Unfortunately, Prodos has cultivated (almost deliberately with its thoroughness) a reputation for not communicating. The best we can do is hope this situation changes, since attempts to make contact and get answers fall horribly flat.

Still, it is nice to see that things are moving along somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:35 pm 

Those pictures of all the packaged product are great, BUT....

Is ANY of that for KS backers? Everyone I've seen post about getting their stuff seems to have gotten the game box but all their expansions/extras are just in baggies, not in retail packaging.

Have any KS backers who have gotten items other than the boxed game gotten retail packaging for those items? I suspect folks picking up at a convention may have, but has Prodos shipped any in retail packaging to KS backers?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:50 am 

It's also very much worth noting that the whole strategy of "sell more retail copies to find sending out the KS and preorders" is very flawed. Because until those back orders are filled there are thousands of unhappy customers badmouthing the company. Further, all of the most rabbid fans, those most likely to throw huge amounts of money at the product, have already paid an amount, and arnt going to buy more unless they get what they have already paid for.
I know some gamers who sank their entire disposible income into the KS, but still wanted more, and said very honestly that they had already started saving to buy more once retail arrived.... and now that cash has gone on other htings because they have walked away from the whole thing in disgust.
I know I myself have ended up going back to a different tabletop game (SAGA), out of frustration. And the longer the delay goes on, the more you alienate your core audience... and without a strong core audience avp:m will never be more than a board game, an occasional impulse purchase for cassual players*, it will not become a full blown hobby.

*No stigma intended.