It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:06 pm 

the shop distribution was to get money in as they made a mistake over shipping costs, and they were underestimated, or at least that's what i understood the reasoning behind that was

this is NOT the fault of the people who paid up front, and all i am saying is that instead of putting money into a new game, that money should have gone to sorting the AvP stuff out as they already had money from people for that, then if they had money left over, start the new game at that point.

those still waiting for something after 2 years do NOT want to see a new game being sold by the same people, it is a bit of a KICK(STARTER) in the teeth for those people

i did not / do not want them to fail, what people want who are still owed stuff, is for Prodos to keep to the delivery promises they make and not keep making them, then miss them, and then more false promises arrive.

KS delays are an evil that happen, but being promised so many times and then nothing happens is not a KS delay, that is something else, bad management, bad customer service, call it what you will, it is bad.. VERY BAD!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:02 pm 

Johanxp wrote:
Prodos was forced to start distribution of the game in shops in order to maintain a financial balance.

Did you prefer to see Prodos failure? All your money AND game lost forever?

Does someone know the Hero Quest 25th anniversary kickstarter problems? Paolo Parente's Dust kickstarter project? Delays are normality when we talk about KS.

Prodos is doing what is possible to ship all orders and it will do that.

Seeing them fail as a business would not bother me a bit, especially as they have already failed to be honest with us KS backers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:18 pm 

I can understand your rage.

It is clearly not customers' fault - of course.

They (Proos) did surely a lot of mistakes, had problems with Fox ecc ecc. But I think they did - and are doing - what they can. I know a lot of people are complaining for a lack of communication but are the same people who were complaining when Prodos was answering saying that they were working to fix the problem. And insulting them for that (if not worse).

I do (still) belive that Prodos will ship everything soon because they did a great job with Warzone Resurrection. Nowadays if you have a problem they replace as soon as possible faulty miniatures and as a WZR player I'm very happy with Prodos' customer support (minis and rules too, that are free).

Asking them to stop production of new games, new miniatures ecc just to ship AvP to backers is asking them an economical suicide. No, seeing Prodos failure would be a defeat for everyone: they produce outstanding quality miniatures and resurrected a great game (Warzone) that deserve to grow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:31 pm 

Businesses which make well-judged decisions and operate in an efficient manner deserve to grow.

The Kickstarter process has thrown a light on the fact that while Prodos have the industry expertise to create good miniatures, they're absolute cowboys when it comes to their business practices.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:53 pm 

Johan

there is a saying ' don't run before you can walk' and this is exactly what i mean by bringing out new games before finishing off the old ones.

people don't want to see new minis and games being produced by a company that still has their money and they have had nothing in return.

they don't have any money of mine, but if they did, and i was one of the people who was still waiting for AvP, then i would be thinking... Maybe my AvP KS money has helped fund this new system.

this is why i think you sort everyone out you 'owe' stuff to and then you move on. good business practice, good customer service, good all round

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:39 pm 

I understand your opinion and I can see what people want.

But producing a new game and new miniatures just allow Prodos to walk - oherwise they would fall down, that's all.

I really REALLY hope everybody gets as soon as possible what they have paid for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:45 am 

Having no skin in the AvP game personally (to be fair, my favorite was the arcade game and nothing more), I can say if the... lesse Crusaders, Maras, Sirins, Inquisitors, Amazons, Mabs can't forget the Mabs since they're first on my list, yes! May the ~$176 USD I'll eventually pay them help get your order to you :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:18 am 

Phoenixman wrote:
the shop distribution was to get money in as they made a mistake over shipping costs, and they were underestimated, or at least that's what i understood the reasoning behind that was

this is NOT the fault of the people who paid up front, and all i am saying is that instead of putting money into a new game, that money should have gone to sorting the AvP stuff out as they already had money from people for that, then if they had money left over, start the new game at that point.

those still waiting for something after 2 years do NOT want to see a new game being sold by the same people, it is a bit of a KICK(STARTER) in the teeth for those people

i did not / do not want them to fail, what people want who are still owed stuff, is for Prodos to keep to the delivery promises they make and not keep making them, then miss them, and then more false promises arrive.

KS delays are an evil that happen, but being promised so many times and then nothing happens is not a KS delay, that is something else, bad management, bad customer service, call it what you will, it is bad.. VERY BAD!

Agreed.

First we had to put up with the retail outlets getting the AvP game before we (the KS backers) get ours. Then we have to watch a new game showing up in stores and we still don't have our AvP game.

Weekly updates would have gone a long way to reducing my frustration with this company. It would take all of 5 minutes to produce one to include...number shipped this week to various regions, number remaining to be shipped to those regions.

Updates are easy to do, so I can surmise the reasons they don't do updates are...

1. They don't actually know how many they still need to ship where.
2. They do know and they won't report because...
a. There is little to no progress toward completing the orders (maybe 3 a week going out with 500 to go?).
b. They just don't care and have come to view us as a nuisance.

I participated in this KS as I wanted to give the game to my son as a birthday present 18 months ago. He's an avid miniatures gamer and loves the Aliens/Predator series of movies. I purchased (for myself) some marine and aliens add-ons to paint.

This lack of progress and lack of communication is unsatisfactory.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am 

I haven't complained in all those past years about how slow everything goes regarding the KS AVP game. I also did not insult anybody from Prodos and held the spirits high. But now another estimated time of arrival passed and I've got nothing from Prodos. No message, no news (via Facebook, Blog, Forum). So now I am out of patience. Why doesn't they send any updates? Why does nobody answers my email requests? Why do they offer a special KS email contact address for all backers who haven't received their rewards until February and don't care if I write them using that email address?
Why don't they care? It's like they want their business go down. No customer support, no official announcements, no nothing! It is unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:20 pm 

No e-mails answered, but have sent e-mail to Fox Uk.