It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:38 am 

Hello! We all know that the "deluxe" KS edition of AvP boardgame is done with thicker cardboard tiles and tokens whereas the expansions will have thinner ping tokens so this could be a problem if you want to play with custom armies, do you have any idea to fix this?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:06 pm 

I've thought of this as well... my solution was to get some of those wooden bases that are laser cut... in 30mm and 40mm so that theyre durable and equal sized and you dont need to worry about them bending.... I've also thought about trying to glue the actual token to one side, so that the picture is present and then use some kind of laquer or something to make sure it doesnt come off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 pm 

I noticed this is an issue with the retail versions too, the ones in the boxed game are obviously different to the expansions so they are easy to spot. I'm thinking replacing them all is the only way to go personally.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:53 pm 

I have found that there are a number of spare counters in the KS box, particularly the Alien objective markers if I recall correctly. As I have not yet gotten my Facehuggers I had bought some pewter facehuggers from another set and so needed ping tokens. I found a nice image online, printed them off small and then used Scotch magic tape to stick them onto the spare tokens. Scotch tape is great as it peels off easily without damaging the token, but still keeps the picture in place. When I have the spare time, my plan is to get images of the Alien Warriors and other minis I need to fix the ping tokens for and create thicker tokens that way. I would say to Prodos that having all tokens the same thickness is a great idea so please provide a pack of ping tokens for the boxed set owners, mainly because the difference between the token thickness means that expansion minis are easy to spot. The attached image is the one I have used for my huggers ping tokens and I print them really small.
Attachment:
alien_face_hugger_sculpture_by_mixta110-d5j6uas.jpg
alien_face_hugger_sculpture_by_mixta110-d5j6uas.jpg [ 222.73 KiB | Viewed 3041 times ]