It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Can somebody tell me...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:18 am 

..., and everyone else who refuses to play "Where's Waldo?" with the latest news (or any kind of accurate information) from Prodos, what in the world is going on? Also, there's lots of phrasing and terminology that's not being adequately explained and there's not one, definitive place to get answers.

I sat at "Activated" on the Pledge Manager for well over a year but nobody has any clue what that means, exactly. If they do, they're not sharing. It's annoying that nobody at Prodos replies with anything but copy/pasted "email this person at this address" if they actually do reply. Also, a favorite of mine: "Check out Facebook page for updates! :)" What updates? The December announcement of selling stuff at another convention? Not helpful.

I (and many others) am/are not going to sign up for every social media outlet, news forum, company mailing list, and so on just to get a whole lot of unrelated messages. This forum seems to be a sort of meeting place to see what's going on (if anything) and check on everything at once, even for customers who aren't signed-up. Why not try to gather relevant details and FAQs into a thread so folks can get answers to their questions without spending 4 hours a day online, trying to find out what the latest development (or delay, more likely) is.

Allow me to pose a few questions I read all the time, to get the ball rolling:

1.) My pledge status changed from "Activated" to "Awaiting." What does this mean?

2.) What edition of the rulebook will we receive with our orders, and where do we get updated rules?

3.) I'm a Kickstarter backer and am supposed to get the exclusive box, but I only got the original. Can I trade it for the one I ordered?

4.) I keep seeing mention of "waves" of products, but there's no listing for what is in each wave. Can someone direct me to a list or chart?

5.) When an email alert is sent for my package being shipped, how long should I expect to wait for it to arrive?

6.)
How will I know if I got all the pieces, and how do I get replacements for lost/broken ones?

7.)
The original description of <product> said "<example>" but <product> did not come that way/with those pieces. Has the product been altered, and in what way/s from the original description? Ex: "I read on such-and-such page that my Powerloader is supposed to have a weapons pack, so why is there not a giant machinegun that fires gerbils and an up-armored operator's cage with clown-shaped flamethrowers and monkey-guided missiles?"

I don't care if you hijack this thread for an FAQs thread, but let's try and be civil and polite. I know it's tempting to reply with some sarcasm and anger after all the waiting, but let's try to at least be more helpful than hateful. Also, I pity the person who takes number 7's example to be real.

Mods, feel free to delete, sticky, or nuke this thread from orbit as you deem necessary.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 pm 

My answers are best guesses based on my experience.

1.) My pledge status changed from "Activated" to "Awaiting." What does this mean?
Generally this means that they've reached your order and are awaiting to pack/process it.

2.) What edition of the rulebook will we receive with our orders, and where do we get updated rules?
You should receive version 1.1 iirc. It looks like there will be a version 1.2 to clarify and balance some issues with the game, these will probably be available through download.

3.) I'm a Kickstarter backer and am supposed to get the exclusive box, but I only got the original. Can I trade it for the one I ordered?
I understand that Jarek mentioned this a while back and that you had to contact an email address(can't remember the email)

4.) I keep seeing mention of "waves" of products, but there's no listing for what is in each wave. Can someone direct me to a list or chart?
The reason there's no listing is because as orders are being filled, additional models receive approval but broadly speaking
wave 1: Core box.
wave 2: Queen, eggs,beserker,royal guard, powerlifter,warriors, hounds and I've a feeling that I'm forgetting a few bits.
wave 3: everything not listed!

5.) When an email alert is sent for my package being shipped, how long should I expect to wait for it to arrive?
Depends on where you live and who sends the email. If Prodos, then it means that they should be actively getting your stuff together. If its from a polish dispatcher it means that they have received your stuff for posting. I know i was waiting a few weeks.(im based in Europe)

6.) How will I know if I got all the pieces, and how do I get replacements for lost/broken ones?
Well you are a KS backer so check your order. Again, theres an email(don't recall what it is)

7.) The original description of <product> said "<example>" but <product> did not come that way/with those pieces. Has the product been altered, and in what way/s from the original description? Ex: "I read on such-and-such page that my Powerloader is supposed to have a weapons pack, so why is there not a giant machinegun that fires gerbils and an up-armored operator's cage with clown-shaped flamethrowers and monkey-guided missiles?"
Some items have been changed for design reasons. As this is a KS, they're don't need to keep us in the loop and because of the restrictions that Fox have on them, they're unable to send pre-production images to backers, meaning that backers might never see the item until it's approved.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:20 am 

They will also set up an email account for queries regarding only the KS - KS@prodosgames.com, this email will be active from mid February.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:05 pm 

Hello everybody,

I send the following email to Prodos this morning:

>>>

Hi there,

I haven't received anything from you yet regarding my pledge of AVP: The hunt begins. In an update from 29th of December 2015 you wrote all backers:

"This only means that we have in plans to ship out ALL KS items by end of January. We will also set up an email account for queries regarding only the KS -KS@prodosgames.com, this email will be active from mid February. IF you have not received your rewards by END February please contact us immediately on the email above."

So, now the end of February is here but nothing of my pledge reached me yet. I also haven't received any shipping confirmation.
Furhtermore I didn't get any reply from your company when I had questions about the status of my rewards.

Now I must have to know when I can expect my rewards! I am at the end of my patience.

Best regards,

Fabian

<<<

So, my pledge manager shows the status "Awaiting" since some time now. But I didn't receive anything from Prodos regarding the shipment of my rewards.
I heard of those Wave 1, 2 and 3 but also didn't know what exactly they mean. This at least has been solved now because of the above post. Thanks for that.
To call Prodos bad in communication with its customers is a giant understatement. It is so sad that nobody there seems to care about satisfied customers. I hate that I have to wait until I received everything from them so I can cease relations to Prodos. I don't want to because I am interested in future add ons to this game. But at the moment I don't see any rational reason to give them even more of my money if they even don't give a f*** about what their customers say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:17 am 

I did the same. Send it out on Saterday, but no answer yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:42 am 

Sent my email this evening.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:58 pm 

May I add another?

8) I'm a backer in the U.S. I haven't received anything yet.
Are U.S. orders being packed and shipped from Prodos or is there a U.S. distributor?
I'm getting my Kickstarters confused. I was thinking there was a U.S. distributor but then it wasn't working out so they stopped it.
If Prodos is packing it, does that mean my pledges have to take a 30+ days boat ride to get to me?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:14 pm 

I'm glad this thread's taken off and answered some things for people. A couple of my questions were taken care of quite quickly and a non-registered friend's gotten his answer.

blodgett wrote:
May I add another?

Are U.S. orders being packed and shipped from Prodos or is there a U.S. distributor?
I'm getting my Kickstarters confused. I was thinking there was a U.S. distributor but then it wasn't working out so they stopped it.
If Prodos is packing it, does that mean my pledges have to take a 30+ days boat ride to get to me?

This one, I can help with! No direct quotes, though, since I've lost the pages somewhere in the shuffle of day-to-day life.

My understanding is that US backers have all of their orders shipped Stateside as the individual products are completed. Batches are shipped here and divided between retailers and storage units holding the pledges of US backers. I cannot confirm this and it feels a bit like a waste, but I can understand, if it's a retailer's storage and they are keeping pledge orders separate. Once a pledge is finally all at the same location (all the facehuggers have arrived with the queens and boxed games you ordered), the whole thing is bundled and shipped by a local distributor. I hope this helps. :)

Any clarification/correction is always welcome, to keep the (proper) information flowing.

Edited for update: I read in another thread (the reason there should be a central hub for the updates instead of sporadic postings across the internet and email, but I digress) that US pledges are being sent back due to incorrect shipping information. Blodgett has pointed out the fact that there is no STATE section in the Pledge Manager, likely due to the fact that Prodos is UK-based and the US is (admittedly) the special snowflake trying to be unique among the other countries of the world. FFS, Everyone is metric but us and two other little countries; we're only doing it to ourselves. Be prepared to have delays due to what was likely a minor oversight on their part and something we take for granted every day. Also, be prepared to (politely) contact Prodos and ask what the status is and to give them the required information to fill the gap. As Blodgett said, the zipcode should be enough to pull state information. If my local post office is any indication of the level of postal professionalism, however, they'd rather do their nails and just throw your package from a moving truck.

TL;DR: Be prepared for the USPS to return your shipment without trying to do a bit of Scooby Doo-level detective work, and be nice in helping Prodos fix the issue.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:20 pm 

Gendasi wrote:
I'm glad this thread's taken off and answered some things for people. A couple of my questions were taken care of quite quickly and a non-registered friend's gotten his answer.

blodgett wrote:
May I add another?

This one, I can help with! No direct quotes, though, since I've lost the pages somewhere in the shuffle of day-to-day life.

My understanding is that US backers have all of their orders shipped Stateside as the individual products are completed. Batches are shipped here and divided between retailers and storage units holding the pledges of US backers. I cannot confirm this and it feels a bit like a waste, but I can understand, if it's a retailer's storage and they are keeping pledge orders separate. Once a pledge is finally all at the same location (all the facehuggers have arrived with the queens and boxed games you ordered), the whole thing is bundled and shipped by a local distributor. I hope this helps. :)

Any clarification/correction is always welcome, to keep the (proper) information flowing.

Edited for update: I read in another thread (the reason there should be a central hub for the updates instead of sporadic postings across the internet and email, but I digress) that US pledges are being sent back due to incorrect shipping information. Blodgett has pointed out the fact that there is no STATE section in the Pledge Manager, likely due to the fact that Prodos is UK-based and the US is (admittedly) the special snowflake trying to be unique among the other countries of the world. FFS, Everyone is metric but us and two other little countries; we're only doing it to ourselves. Be prepared to have delays due to what was likely a minor oversight on their part and something we take for granted every day. Also, be prepared to (politely) contact Prodos and ask what the status is and to give them the required information to fill the gap. As Blodgett said, the zipcode should be enough to pull state information. If my local post office is any indication of the level of postal professionalism, however, they'd rather do their nails and just throw your package from a moving truck.

TL;DR: Be prepared for the USPS to return your shipment without trying to do a bit of Scooby Doo-level detective work, and be nice in helping Prodos fix the issue.

Thanks for the heads-up about the 'state' issue and yes, there is no state listed as part of my address. I'm still in 'awaiting' status.

I am so pissed off about this charlie foxtrot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:43 am 

Couple of things to point out :

While Prodos do have a company set up in the UK and it does hold the License with Fox, the main operation is a Polish company - indeed they've apparently done away with most of their UK-based staff.

While some US-based orders were fulfilled via Ninja Division, all of the US-based backers I've heard getting stuff recently have received it straight from Poland.