It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:45 am 

Shinnentai wrote:
Couple of things to point out :

While Prodos do have a company set up in the UK and it does hold the License with Fox, the main operation is a Polish company - indeed they've apparently done away with most of their UK-based staff.

While some US-based orders were fulfilled via Ninja Division, all of the US-based backers I've heard getting stuff recently have received it straight from Poland.

There better not be a customs/import tax for me to pay when (if) it arrives.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:05 am 

Shinnentai, thanks for the update. That's certainly new information to me!

This whole thing just gets stranger and stranger as time goes on. Does help to demystify a few things, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:07 pm 

come on Prodos, tell us all if this is right re Poland and UK etc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:43 pm 

Just checking in, I also haven't gotten mine nor have I gotten any response to any of the emails I've sent to them dating back to the middle of last year. I can't even complain to KS because the project was pulled. This sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:36 pm 

What project got pulled?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:32 pm 

Gendasi wrote:
What project got pulled?
The Kickstarter project for AVP. It's old news, but it means there isn't an easy way to contact Kickstarter about the project, and since most of the communications have either been through mass direct messages there or email, it's not like there's much accountability, either.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... tures-game

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:18 am 

at0m wrote:
The Kickstarter project for AVP. It's old news, but it means there isn't an easy way to contact Kickstarter about the project,

Actually, the project was never "cancelled."

It was completed just before FOX decided on some rather significant changes to the designs laid forth by Prodos. Not to back up and "white knight" the guys who still have all my toys, but someone needs to be the devil's advocate and set the records as straight as possible.

During the update process after closing the Kickstarter, when they had to show the new designs approved by FOX, the only way Prodos could remove the old images and information at the time was to contact Kickstarter and have them make the changes to the page themselves. As KS doesn't do that, and could/would only edit/close a page in the case of an intellectual property dispute or something of that nature, that was the route that Prodos asked KS to take, and any attempts to return the page with proper graphics and information have met with basically "we're sorry, but we can't do that." Jarek mentioned this in a recent interview with Beasts of War. I do not have a direct link right now, but someone else has posted it elsewhere within the AVP section of this forum. In the Discussion section, I believe.

I actually suggest that anyone who's concerned about a lack of progress take a look at the video. It turned me from a jaded and jilted customer to a hopeful fanboy once again. :)

I hope this text block helps someone out there, because I've been frustrated and confused for a long time, but that one video clip put a lot of fears to rest. Still anxious, though. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:34 am 

I never said cancelled.

I understand that many people are hopeful, but I also have a really hard time giving much slack to a company that has refused to communicate with me _at all_ beyond a single response to me having difficulty with the pledge manager in 2014 despite me sending them an email every 3-4 months, and has been selling a game at retail and at conventions that I paid for them to develop, but have not yet received.

I know my experience isn't unique, and Im well used to Kickstarters being slow or occasionally uncommunicative (timbrr, defense lines from chapterhouse, tablescapes from secret weapon, kingdom death, the list goes on), but seeing this in my home town at my local game store on the shelf and available for sale when I haven't even gotten an ETA is a slap in the face.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:19 pm 

To pull a project is to cancel it, so, I suppose this is just a matter of semantics. Not that it matters much. I understand the frustration, and I feel the same way, but there is still hope.

Not much, but it's there. Prodos is aware of the issues, and know that this is going to scar their reputation from here on out, but they've at least acknowledged the fact that they've done wrong and they're going public (among the wargaming community) in saying as much. From here on, it's pretty much just a waiting game for those of us who've missed out on rent, car payments, holiday spending, and whatnot for items we have yet to even touch or see for ourselves.

Patience, please.

I know I've not been the most patient and forgiving person in this whole debacle, but I'm starting to feel a whole lot better about things, so let's just leave things at that and return this thread to something closer to the FAQ it was meant to be (since the forum is as uncooperative as the company supposedly running it). ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:40 am 

well I saw the AvP game on sale at more than 1 stand at Salute on Saturday, and one of those had it knocked down to £50 and they had a LOT of copies

in my opinion it is bad that there are still many many people who backed this with cold hard cash that are still waiting for their own copy, when the general public can buy at reduced costs at wargaming shows

a friend of mine at our club is one of those poor backers in question.

this whole thing is a total shambles, and some people should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, in how they have treated those people who handed over money, and have a lot of the time, simply been ignored, shown pictures of Prodos office parties, and yet are STILL awaiting their products.