It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Noob question XD
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:33 pm 

I was wondering about upcoming addon waves; I read that Facehuggers are supposed to be available fot the public and store soon?
But what about the eggs, sentry guns, Linn and the Marine Sarge? Any chance that those will become available sometimes soon as well or will they stay exclusive for the kickstarter paying gamers?

Post subject: Re: Noob question XD
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:53 pm 

The only limited item is the Predator Beserker. All other items will be made available to retail once backers orders are fulfilled.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:28 pm 

What can be forever!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:19 am 

whampiri wrote:
The only limited item is the Predator Beserker. All other items will be made available to retail once backers orders are fulfilled.

Nopes - you should know by now that this isn't how Prodos operates. Retail orders are filled first, then us Kickstarter backers might get something from whatever remains.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:15 pm 

Shinnentai wrote:
whampiri wrote:

Nopes - you should know by now that this isn't how Prodos operates. Retail orders are filled first, then us Kickstarter backers might get something from whatever remains.

Well retail sales bring more money to finance backers outstanding stuff haha
I just wonder why it takes so long to produce. I mean the forms are like done and just need to produce the miniatures. Molding them shouldn´t take that long and be so super time consuming?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:24 pm 

whampiri wrote:

I wouldn't count on that at all. History certainly doesn't back that up. Look at all the add-ons that are currently available at retail vs. how many backers are still waiting for anything. Most likely the additional add-ons will be in retail long before backers have them. The Beserker from the ks was supposed to be exclusive however, so was the resin version of the boardgame, remember? What actually happens with that will have to be seen. I think that if there is a chance for them to make a couple of extra bucks, they will either slightly change it with a different pose, or just release it the way it is and say sorry backers (by means of a middle finger probably...). Stay tuned folks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:53 pm 

freefallrlc wrote:
Well retail sales bring more money to finance backers outstanding stuff haha
I just wonder why it takes so long to produce. I mean the forms are like done and just need to produce the miniatures. Molding them shouldn´t take that long and be so super time consuming?

Maybe not individually, but by mid-Feb they still had 505 backer parcels to put together, with however many different miniatures in each. They also put the various components for the base-game together on-site at Prodos. Factor in retail orders and you can easily imagine a relatively small company like Prodos getting swamped.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:24 am 

Grumpy wrote:
whampiri wrote:

I wouldn't count on that at all. History certainly doesn't back that up. Look at all the add-ons that are currently available at retail vs. how many backers are still waiting for anything. Most likely the additional add-ons will be in retail long before backers have them. The Beserker from the ks was supposed to be exclusive however, so was the resin version of the boardgame, remember? What actually happens with that will have to be seen. I think that if there is a chance for them to make a couple of extra bucks, they will either slightly change it with a different pose, or just release it the way it is and say sorry backers (by means of a middle finger probably...). Stay tuned folks!

When I was in the army we used to call situations like this a 'charlie foxtrot'.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:23 pm 

Thank you for your service! I had to laugh at the charlie foxtrot, I always prefered fubar... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:45 am 

Grumpy wrote:
Thank you for your service! I had to laugh at the charlie foxtrot, I always prefered fubar... ;)

You are most welcome. I was never shot at so it was not as dangerous as what our troops have gone through over the past 15 years.

Fubar is absolutely applicable in this situation too!