It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:55 pm 

Welcome to the forum Anpu. What a terrific Ops Centre. I think you have made a really great job and believe that you will have many hours of fun with it. Looking at the photos I recognise some of the materials that you have used but others, the ladders, railings and windows, I don't recognise at all. Do you use a printer to produce the wall and floor coverings and then glue the foam board? Whatever way you produce it, you're a very talented person. I salute you. Cheers all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 am 

Airborne wrote:
Welcome to the forum Anpu. What a terrific Ops Centre. I think you have made a really great job and believe that you will have many hours of fun with it. Looking at the photos I recognise some of the materials that you have used but others, the ladders, railings and windows, I don't recognise at all. Do you use a printer to produce the wall and floor coverings and then glue the foam board? Whatever way you produce it, you're a very talented person. I salute you. Cheers all.

Thanks!
The ladders/stairs and railings are lasercut plywood from Fenris games, modern railings and ships stairs to be a bit more precise. The windows are made from the front part of a filter from my cats' drinking fountain. The wall and floor covers are printed and then glued to the foamboard .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am 

Great use of recyling , I`ve used our dogs filters in the past, but those cat ones are stunning. I`ll have to grill you on what glue you use to get such a flat cover on the foam board. Thanks for sharing the stairs, I find it is often these that can let down a model, and of coarse are the hardest to build or source.
Look forward to seeing more of your great work. Cheers Anpu.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:03 pm 

Airborne wrote:
Great use of recyling , I`ve used our dogs filters in the past, but those cat ones are stunning. I`ll have to grill you on what glue you use to get such a flat cover on the foam board. Thanks for sharing the stairs, I find it is often these that can let down a model, and of coarse are the hardest to build or source.
Look forward to seeing more of your great work. Cheers Anpu.

To get a real flat cover I tend to use glue stick or spray glue. I also use an alcoholbased glue that works fine and gives better adhesion than gluestick and less hassle than spray glue. When using spray glue and gluestick I also use a small roller to press the paper firmly into the glue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 am 

This is really nice work, man. I especially like the work tables in the maintenance bay. Well done.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:34 pm 

Hi mate any news that" Opp Center" of your still rocks.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 pm 

No news since last time, it will probably be a dormant project until the end of summer. I am working on a Ghost in the Shell project for a con in august...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:48 pm 

I have finished the basics of the outside of the Ops center now, just need to get some pictures.
When I started this the gallery section did not exist yet.

If it is possible could an admin move this thread to the gallery section.