It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:02 am 

True and as we know smart guns can be setup in advance this might be part of the warriors m.o. eg, aliens, "there coming out the walls"
Also with marines needing a level2 sqd at 20pts per model could be a evener for the alien swam army.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 am 

Could it be that the games mechanics are also partially dictated by the playing field quite literally. I noticed that the corridors are repeated, some are infected which I presume means Alien Resin. This in other Alien games would give minus modifiers to ambush states in some cases making the creature blind to the Marines. Then factor the close range blood splatter and a bug hunt in confined spaces is deadly even with very small Alien quantities. Move them out doors and it`s another ball game I`ve no experience of the Predator side of life in rules other than "Future War" but Leading Edge`s wargame and rpg both specified that in the lair the Aliens had total knowledge of all the zone. No outsider in any area would be hidden from any of them and the Queen's pheromones could immediately dispatch, silently and secretly, an attacker. We shall just have to wait and see what joys the new game will bring us. Cheers all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:02 pm 

Arterial Spray wrote:

I suppose, given that warriors are on a different size base, you could always mount some on the smaller bases as "counts-as" infants or customise the infants.

I just got my batch of Alien Warrior (wave 2) boxes in and they are - to my surprise as it contradicts the rules - mounted on 30mm bases. The stats card even says so. *confused*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 pm 

It was confirmed by someone from Prodos that this was going to be the case.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:58 am 

Sgt. Scream wrote:
Arterial Spray wrote:

I suppose, given that warriors are on a different size base, you could always mount some on the smaller bases as "counts-as" infants or customise the infants.

I just got my batch of Alien Warrior (wave 2) boxes in and they are - to my surprise as it contradicts the rules - mounted on 30mm bases. The stats card even says so. *confused*

They changed it aparently for balance purpose.