It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:40 pm 

Airborne has advised me of some clear bases UK side Kent to be exact
http://www.fenrisgames.com/shop.html#!/~/search/keywords=clear&offset=0&sort=relevance

I might see if I can cut the lipped base and insert the acrylic base inside as I do like that look of a neat trim.
-lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 am 

harec wrote:
or from another kickstarter witch I didn't suport because I discover KS with AvP, this looks awesome even if it is freaking expensive.

These are going to be my basing options, I think they are pretty good value when you consider that they have unlimited usability and compare them to the cost of ready made resin bases...

Talking about the price, Zinge Industries are offering a 20% discount on the Basius pad range found here: Wargames Bakery - Basius - Basing Pads at Salute '14 - Stand TN14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 am 

^^^ I checked these cats out....really cool bases! I may reconsider my basing options now.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:38 pm 

I'm going to be trying something different with mine shortly and will post up once done.

Due to Predators being used for multiple things I'm going to attempt the transparent centre base.

For all others I'm going to print off a scan of the tiles and then put that in the centre of the base and place a Acrylic transparent tiles from Feneris Games on top to preserve it and to attach the models to.

Also thought this might help here:
harec wrote:

Well prodos pretty much already decided the bases sizes I think, this is not a 100% official but It should be accurate to what we will receibe.

-30mm, humans, facehuggers, alien stalker, kurosawa turrets and maybe eggs
-40mm, predators, alien drone, warrior, predalien, Duch and powerloader
-50mm, praetorian
-Queen was supposed to come in a 80mm base but in the latest updates It looks like a 60mm
-80mm Crusher
-Pretator hounds might fit on a 50mm or a 40mm we have to wait .

-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 pm 

Tile base (mock up images used)

Transparent Base

I'll put up a guide shortly.
-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm 

Has anyone found any bases or inserts that are just plain steel deck/grates? I want to do my own decorations and hive additions, but I can't find "plain" bases with just simply steel grating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:37 pm 

[CANCERBLACK] wrote:
Has anyone found any bases or inserts that are just plain steel deck/grates? I want to do my own decorations and hive additions, but I can't find "plain" bases with just simply steel grating.

I found a load on ebay for more than I was willing to pay. Just search 'Sulaco bases'. Or 'spacehulk bases'.
But you can make them fairly simply from a number of different materials, or buy one of those greenstuff basing pads (also should turn up from searching 'sulaco bases'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 pm 

You could always get a roll of plastic screen material front the hardware store. Gluing them to flat or slotta bases works, though you'd have to fill the slotta bases before painting. It's cheap and you can dress them up with eggs, dead huggers, secreted resin...whatever's your posion. I've based quite a few if my marines and horrorclix models this way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:52 pm 

Plastic canvas from the hobby store, some plasticard has industrial designs, regular window screen, etc.

Happy Seppuku have a stamp-based system as does Wargames Bakery and others.

But, if I read a post from Jarek correctly, Prodos may be figuring out how to do inserts of there own.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:42 pm 

Thanks guys. The Fenris Sulaco bases are actually much closer to what I'm looking for than I thought they were. Think I was getting them confused with the SecretWeapon ones.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next