It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Project Genomorph
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:27 pm 

ImageImage
Just a few pics from my blog on my proxy xenomorphs, had a bunch of old genestealers knocking around for the past 25 years and finally put them to some use anyway full explanation is on my blog at
https://mountainoflead.wordpress.com/

Post subject: Re: Project Genomorph
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 pm 

https://mountainoflead.wordpress.com/20 ... ph-part-4/

URL=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/spiers1011/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140731_122234.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

A better photo I hope of two of my Xeno's, working on the excellent Fenris bases now.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 am 

Nice touch of nostalgia with some clean conversion work, welcome to the forum spiers, the old Gene steelers were the main sourse of Alien if you wanted a nice cheep load of them, you have gone to town on them, the back capture rods are a final great addition . I like your blog mate, and look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:12 pm 

Thanks for the comments Airborne, its taken a couple of months on and off to get them done, not easy when you have a little un and work to juggle but I'm pleased with the result now just to get my squad of ultimate badasses done and then I can play some Alien hulk to make up for the delays in AvP plus it allows me to perfect colour schemes before my Prodos minis arrive now looking like late September!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 pm 

When me and a friend first started trying to put together our own AvP game he had a couple of the old metal Hormagaunts and tried making them into aliens but it was t a hive like this.

Great work and will bulk up your Xeno forces for the wargame nicely.
-Lumberkjack1988

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 am 

The Mark Coplestone future soldiers in the back of Spiers, shot match perfectly the marines from the Nogoshi books and comics, some right down to position. Can`t be bad eh guys.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:35 am 

Cooplestone bits are shorter than 40k size, 28mm vs Heroic Scale 28m.
I had a clan of there Pred lookalikes and they were unimpressive comparison sized (would make a good start for a human Pred tag along though.
-Lumberjack1988

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am 

https://mountainoflead.wordpress.com/ImageImagehanks Lumberjack1988, me and a few guys from my flgs have all gone in on the kickstarter so between us we should be able to put together an impressive number of minis for the wargame and these will help bolster the numbers. I envisage a Rorkes Drift scenario with our combined uscm forces against our combined Xeno's, 'sentries report Xeno's to the south west, thousands of them'. To bolster my Prodos marines I have been converting some of my old grenadier minis.
converted a sniper rifle to a flame unit and then sone work on helmets.
More details on my blog see link at top of post....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:58 am 

Future War was my sable diet and Marks figures by Grenadier and Emc -4 then latter on his own were our joy, the "preds" like all copies till Wiz kids arrived, tended to be small and stockie build. Probably as most figures at the time Alien or Human fit the moulds one of the first to break away from 28mm fits all, were the Kryomek. These being kit build for some larger beast as arms guns were separate giving a more animated animal, 1991 was a time of great models for Si/Fi bet your`ve had a blast Spiers. Glad I`m still "lock and loading" I`ll find out some of my figures of Mark plus the Kryomek and post them for a blast from the past. We didn`t do to bad and some have stayed the ravages of time and come out quite fitting for today, though I can`t wait to see the new.
Cheers all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:39 pm 

Image[Imageurl=http://s852.photobucket.com/user/spiers1011/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140815_100453.jpg.html]Image[/url]
https://mountainoflead.wordpress.com/
Have finally finished my Xenos, bases done, now its on to the marines. Been working on the camo for the marines BDU's not 100 % sure would welcome feedback....