It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:43 pm 

Got my copy of the game on Xmas and still not yet done painting all models. too less time :roll:
Just wanted to share some of the work done :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 pm 

wow! so nicely done! please share some of your colors and techniques!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:23 pm 

diggitydug wrote:
wow! so nicely done! please share some of your colors and techniques!

I was using mostly Citadel paints. Base coated the models in black. For the marine´s clothes using Kommando Khaki. Beastial brown and Ghoul grey for the camuflage patterns and wash with brown grey mix again. The armor is painted black and I was using salamander green for the color. Highlights are mixed the green with Kommando Khaki and goblin green a bit in differnt brghtness layers. I was a bit lazy to do the camuflage pattern on the armor because I thought the models might look a bit too "untidy." So I left it just green. :roll:

The Stalkers are painted in beastial brown, highlighted with several layers of getting brighter paints; First layer was hobgoblin orange, then some occer tone and last bleached bone. Afterwards they got washes again with black, brown mix to tone them down again.

And the infants I just painted black, hightlight layer 1 with moody blue, second layer with moody blue/Kommando Khaki mix. And a 3.rd layer with same mix just brighter for the especially "high spots." Then washed again with black. In the end they got varnished to look more shiny again.

Some of my colors are ages old. More than 20 years. So maybe the currently available palette is totally differnt. The old Citadel paints were brilliant and the pods much better than today. Those paints are some decades old and still fine. The new pods are dried up after months already :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:11 pm 

Lovely painting and quality dreamcast background :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm 

Those look amazing! I like how the aliens are still a dark color and aren't too blue or anything. Also I agree, the old GW paints are immortal. Question: what did you use for the marine's skin? Very well blended.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:21 am 

JBar wrote:
Those look amazing! I like how the aliens are still a dark color and aren't too blue or anything. Also I agree, the old GW paints are immortal. Question: what did you use for the marine's skin? Very well blended.

The skin is painted with bronzed flesh. Then mixed in some bleached bone to paint (real paint not drybrush better) hightlights and mixed in some beastial brown to paint nore depper or shadowed areas. Then thin washed it again with bronzed flesh to make it look more even again. And in the end I thinned down the orange ink with water to give it a bit more tanned and red tone. But very thinned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:55 pm 

Please post more close ups of your marines!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:21 am 

OK, I´ll take a few more pics later. the first Alien Warriors are also almost done. Changed the blueish color tones a bit from the infants and more satisfied with them now :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:59 am 

I really really like your scheme. The contrast between the dark green armor and the camo is fantastic. I need more pictures so I can shamelessly steal this idea for my own. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:39 pm 

diggitydug wrote:
I really really like your scheme. The contrast between the dark green armor and the camo is fantastic. I need more pictures so I can shamelessly steal this idea for my own. They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Oh, I accidentally opened a new thread insted of replying. Check out the new post ^^