It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:26 pm 

Oh yeah, ask Digtydoug. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 pm 

In two games they have lost at least once, not sure about one of he games. Anyway... No army in our games have been overpowered in our opinion (ok, airborne Capitol has been quite awesome ) :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 pm 

I wouldnt exactly call them OP,they have strenghts and weaknesses:

Strenght:
Stalker + Hindenburg = dead vehicle
Necromutants = effective
Razide= super effective

Weaknes:
Legionnaires too bad for their cost. Brotherhood Troopers cost 2 points more, but have:
+1M, +2CC, +5 WP, can do special actions like Run and can be upgraded with Arts & Sniper Rifles for RS Domination
Sure, a Necromutant Leader gives them +1M and the ability to do special CC squad actions,but then they are 11 points above Brotherhood Troopers without the ability to run. (which is the worst)

Alakhai is tough, but as a cc Lord, he does nothing but hide because if he dies, you lose (-8 Ressource cards). This is where Ranged Lords really shine.

necrobeast has its niche, but overall it doesnt compare to other similar cost walkers which just DOMINATE (Judicator, Vulkan).

Comparable, brotherhood has its strenghts, too:
Inquisitors are BEASTS for 35points each.Nearly as good as Razides for half the points.
Sacred Warriors = insane. impenetrable Armour of 14 + 2 Wounds AND heal (5) for 28 points per model? Taken!
Ranged Judicator, 150 points, with RoF 10-12 (t2b ressource) with STR 14 and re-roll failed tests.Whooa!

Equally there are weaknesses: I´m not entirelly sold on Valkyries and Mortificators.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:26 pm 

Raven911 wrote:
Oh yeah, ask Diggtydug. ;)

Um yeah.. that's for that endorsement, Raven.

Yes Raven and I played a 750 point game, Capitol vs Legion, where he wiped the table with me. His Orca was a beast. He lost 160 points, I lost 650 points.

But it was my first game with the Legion, and I think the loss was more due to my playing than the army.

Diggity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 pm 

Yeah legion can lose just like any other faction in the game. Their armies are either numerous with lots of not great, but not horrible Legionnaires or they are low model count cause their support options are all expensive.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm 

Dunnagh wrote:

Weaknes:
Legionnaires too bad for their cost. Brotherhood Troopers cost 2 points more, but have:
+1M, +2CC, +5 WP, can do special actions like Run and can be upgraded with Arts & Sniper Rifles for RS Domination
Sure, a Necromutant Leader gives them +1M and the ability to do special CC squad actions,but then they are 11 points above Brotherhood Troopers without the ability to run. (which is the worst)

There is a way to make them run. What you need to do is activate the Necromutant Squad Leader first during the squads activation and make a run move with him that takes him out of the squad coherency. When the legionnaires activate after him, all they can do is run (even though they may not normally run, as listed under the squad coherency rules). There you go, running Legios.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:07 am 

diggitydug wrote:
Raven911 wrote:
Oh yeah, ask Diggtydug. ;)

Um yeah.. that's for that endorsement, Raven.

Yes Raven and I played a 750 point game, Capitol vs Legion, where he wiped the table with me. His Orca was a beast. He lost 160 points, I lost 650 points.

But it was my first game with the Legion, and I think the loss was more due to my playing than the army.

Diggity

It was your first game ever. That an you had some unlucky dice rolls. Next time it will be alot tougher fight. Both your armies are tough and I'm trying to figure out how to deal with you scorpions. I don't see anything with a big can if Raid in it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am 

Kollar wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:

Weaknes:

There is a way to make them run. What you need to do is activate the Necromutant Squad Leader first during the squads activation and make a run move with him that takes him out of the squad coherency. When the legionnaires activate after him, all they can do is run (even though they may not normally run, as listed under the squad coherency rules). There you go, running Legios.

Unfortunately, you cannot move your models so that they are out of coherency.
p16 "All models in a unit must stay in Squad coherency"
Also, even if that worked: If you MUST run but CANNOT (because they just cant) I feel that "cannot" wins.
Example: You have 10$. You must give me 50$. You cannot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am 

Dunnagh wrote:
Kollar wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:

Weaknes:

Unfortunately, you cannot move your models so that they are out of coherency.
p16 "All models in a unit must stay in Squad coherency"
Also, even if that worked: If you MUST run but CANNOT (because they just cant) I feel that "cannot" wins.
Example: You have 10$. You must give me 50$. You cannot.

Well on page 16 and 17 you can find the following passages;

P. 16, note the parenthesis

During the course of a Game, it is possible that
a Squad member will find themselves out of
Coherency. If this occurs, any Model out of
Squad Coherency must be the first Model in
the Squad Activated and must complete a
Run Action (even if not normally able to do
so) to return to Squad Coherency.

P. 17, top left of the page

A player can choose the take a model out of
Squad Coherency at any point, but it should
be remembered that a model out of Squad
Coherency at the beginning of its next acti-
vation must make a Run Action to return to
Squad Coherency.

So these two rules state that you clearly can. You activate the NM leader first, and voluntarily runs him out of Squad Coherency. All of the rest of the squad has to/get to make a run move (as they can, even if normally they can't) in order to catch up with him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 am 

Ok, I see that this should work - even if it is probably not what the designers had in mind. Thanks :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next