It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 pm 

Raven911 wrote:
Except that is why we have accounts here. And posting it over there ad expecting us to create an account just to view it smacks of arrogance and a slight bit of disrespect to the members here.

There will be a lot of stuff going on on facebook because a lot of people just prefer Facebook over the forum and they very open about it. When designers are playing their private game (this case), I would expect them to post it wherever they are pleased to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:41 pm 

we will equally support the forum once we have more time on hand, meanwhile on the previous page shots from the game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:22 pm 

Thank you Jarek!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:31 am 

seven wrote:
Raven911 wrote:
Except that is why we have accounts here. And posting it over there ad expecting us to create an account just to view it smacks of arrogance and a slight bit of disrespect to the members here.

There will be a lot of stuff going on on facebook because a lot of people just prefer Facebook over the forum and they very open about it. When designers are playing their private game (this case), I would expect them to post it wherever they are pleased to do so.

I understand that they can put it wherever they want, but something like this, IE, a game played by the designers, is exactly something that SHOULD be here. The rest of us could learn alot from a game like that. I would have liked more narrative, but the maps are good enough that I can figure out the basics. Decussion of cards would be nice to have as well.

Blueshark didn't really care if the link worked or not. Jarek was good enough to post it over here himself. I personally am VERY interested in learning from the creators. As I'm sure others are as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 am 

I dont get all this fuzz about facebook. It´s not like they require you to sign up on a russian dating site - it´s "just" facebook. And all of us created an account here - so creating a fake account on facebook shouldnt be that hard. And believe it or not, there are a lot of other interesting things there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 am 

Thank you for making the battle report readable here here.

Dunnagh wrote:
I dont get all this fuzz about facebook. It´s not like they require you to sign up on a russian dating site - it´s "just" facebook. And all of us created an account here - so creating a fake account on facebook shouldnt be that hard. And believe it or not, there are a lot of other interesting things there.

You may be that glib about your personal information but a lot of people aren't. I believe creating a fake account would also be in breach of the terms and conditions for the site and frankly I can do without that hassle. And "believe it or not" there are a lot of people uncomfortable with the way Facebook operates.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm 

baran wrote:
You may be that glib about your personal information but a lot of people aren't.

There is exactly zero personal information needed to open an account and operate it. Not more than gmail this forum or anything else out there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm 

I don't have a facebook account, and I don't want a facebook account.

This is the official freaking forum why the hot-place should I have to go to facebook to get my WZR news??

I had more, but I deleted it before posting as it got really angry and ranty.
The anger wasn't directed at anybody here, but you know what they say.
Don't go to the grocery store when you're hungry.
And don't post in a topic (about an off-topic conversation) that annoys you when you're angry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 pm 

As Brother Jim says, sometimes it is best not to post angry. So allow me a very edited retort:

The community on FB is a fairly strong one and there is a level of respect there that isn't found here. That is why it is my first stop.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 pm 

Brother Jim wrote:
This is the official freaking forum why the hot-place should I have to go to facebook to get my WZR news??

Of course, if you don't want it, you don't have to, no harm done. I like facebook forum because it is more vibrant, there is more room for jokes, personal comments, funny stuff, etc. Posting pics is easy, lots of people does it directly from their phones or camera with FB applications in them. The atmosphere is just better, it is a very friendly and informal to certain extend and I am saying that having over 400 posts here on this forum. :D