It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:06 pm 

I had my first intro game last Saturday. I convinced a friend of mine to help my try the game out and we had a go with 500 points of Cybertronic and Dark Legion.
Cybertronic List:
Dr. Diana Commander
5 Chasseurs w/ Rocket Launcher
5 Chasseurs w/ Rocket Launcher
Exterminateur Atilla Mk I

Legion List:
Custom Necromutant Warlord
5 Necromutants
11 Undead Legionnaires w/ 2 HMG, 2 Plaguedealers, Necromutant Leader
Razide
Razide

As the first game for both of us, we just used the most basic actions(move, shoot, CC, aim, run and engage) along with the Basic Card rules.

We just lined up on opposite side, so deployment looked like this:

My New Year's resolution for gaming has always been to start writing battle reports with notes and pics, but what always happens is I'll take a pic of deployment, maybe turn 1 and then forget all about it... maybe next year.

The Necromutants headed for cover out of LOS on my right flank, and everything else made for the walls on my left. Dr. Diana and one squad of Chasseurs started trading shots with the Razides (the UL were too slow, and were still out of range). A few turns of bullets flying ended Dr. Diana, but she and the Chasseurs took down 1 Razide, the NM Warlord and put a wound on the second Razide.

The Exterminateur and the other squad of Chasseurs killed all but two of the Necromutants before switching flanks to finish off the second Razide. The Necromutants made for the forest on my opponent's side of the table and picked off one squad of Chasseurs in the open.

The UL and Chasseurs exchange fire, but attrition gets the better of the more elite Chasseurs. The endgame saw the Exterminateur facing off against one Necromutant, and about half a dozen Legionnaires, and he killed them all... one by one. The final showdown was the Necromutant engaging the Extermanateur in the rear, hoping against hope that he could immobilize him and eventually beat him down to scrap. It didn't happen and the robot turned around and headbutted him into pulp.

Thoughts:
I'm very excited to add a bit more complexity. When the KS popped up, I was originally not very excited about the cards, but I can now see how they'd add a lot to the game. Looking at the rules and the way they work and the resources I thought to myself that the game was going to be like "Warmachine... In Space", but actually playing the game, it doesn't feel or play out like that at all.

The Exterminateur was an absolute beast. On top of having to randomly hit locations even when you aim, the Living Alloy discounted half the shots no matter what I did. I think I let the Razides go too early, as they were my best anti-vehicle units.

All in all a lot of fun. Looking forward to my next practice run.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 am 

Cool batrep. One thing:
Quote:
The final showdown was the Necromutant engaging the Extermanateur in the rear, hoping against hope that he could immobilize him and eventually beat him down to scrap. It didn't happen and the robot turned around and headbutted him into pulp.
It's not that easy. Exterminateur will have 1 AP and he cannot free close to turn around (as he is a vehicle), so Necromutant will have 2 tries at him :)

The game itself is a great fun and as You saw it is brutal :D

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:27 pm 

Thanks for the catch, I didn't realize that vehicles couldn't free close.

I've got another battle report that I need to post, just haven't gotten around to it.