Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:35 pm 

Mission: Search and Destroy!

Army lists: will add later
Ravens Capitol
Bax's Brotherhood

Turn1
Capitol wins Initative
Sea Lions blend in on top of the pyramid and and shoot at the mortificators and hit but they all dodge. Two of the Sea Lions didn't have shots except at a BH trooper, and kill him.
Mortificators move up.
Airborne infantry droop in with shotguns blazing and kill 5 trooper from one squad and 4 troopers from another.

The Judicator moves up and kills 3 of the airborne with its Gatling cannon.

The second airborne squad drops in and remembers their rocket launchers and kills some more BH troopers, and shotguns the sacred warriors and kills two. The sacred warriors turn and engage, killing all of the airborne.

The free marines use the high ground and nail the Judicator with a rocket in the chest cause some damage.

The heavy infantry and the orca move up to get shots on the approaching Mortificators, but they dodge everything.

Last edited by Raven911 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:47 pm 

Turn 2
Capitol seizes the Initative using a strategy card from last round

The orca moves up and unloads on they mortificators killing one of the bastards.

The Judicator fire on the free marines and kills two of them and engages the last two airborne, killing one and causing the last one to break and run. The K9s move up toward the Mordificators.

Thanks to some lucky shooting from earlier that I don't remember, the morts had been whittled down to size, so only a couple remained to engage the heavy infantry, killing two of them. The heavies retaliate and fire up the chain bayonets and cut the remaining morts down.

The crucifier runs up and kills the remaining fleeing airborne, and the marines thump another rocket into the judicators hull causing another point of damage.

The Sea Lions have a back shot at the Judicator, so they aim for the torso and kill the walker with their spec ops ammoed M50s.
A few more things happened that I forgot to write down, but at the end of turn 3 Capitol had decisive control of the field.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:15 pm 

Amazing game! It was mostly over as soon as the airborne made their impact on the game. Had the first squad remembered to lob rockets on the way down, I'm sure it would have been even worse for me.

I don't have the exact stats on me as I apparently erased the data when I clobbered the 1500 point list together later in the evening, but this is what I brought:

Warlord: Crucifier - Psychic + 1 Wound 205
- I know, there are better choices for a Psychic warlord and for a warlord in general, but I needed something that was hard hitting, plus I liked the psychic versions of the abilities he could offer to the squads. I picked up Mentalism for him and went with the Foresight, Reckoning, and Penitent. He's selfish like that. It worked in later games, not really in this one.

Troops: 2 x Brotherhood Troops x 10
- No scopes, forgot what abilities they had as they died almost immediately. Through the course of the day, I wasn't extremely impressed with them, but I know it was because I was not utilizing them effectively. I basically turned them into Cheerleaders.

Troops: Sacred Warriors x 6
- Might of Reckoning was what I THINK I took. Wasn't effective against Capitol, but +4 to strength was just too funny not to take. These guys, I utilized poorly in this matchup (well, they got shotgunned in the back half to death!), but generally speaking... These guys are capable of punching far above their weight class.

Support: Mortificators x 7
- Mmm. Not sure what Power I gave them. Bastion? Fortitude? I didn't care. I was too busy having fun watching a huge chunk of Raven's forces try to take them out. The Capitol forces knew what would happen if they made it into contact. Don't think I used Void in this game.

Judicator:
- Sword. Because I like swords. I like bullets too, but I like swords. I took it as I figured it was a really good chance at taking out vehicles. Oddly, I never got the Judicator(s) close to vehicles all day long. Not sure if I took Ghostly Light or something else for the Judicator.

At the end of the day, it was a very fun game. It was my first outing with the Brotherhood. The table and terrain that Raven provided was amazing to play on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:44 pm 

Looks like a fun match! Airdropping cav are brutally strong with those shotguns, but remember that the Hail Mary shots are still technically a shooting action! So if you do take them, you land without any action points, and even if you burn cards, cannot take another shooting action!

That's a very awesome board too! Looks great!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:05 am 

You know... That's probably why he didn't do it. I briefly mentioned it after the smoke had settled from their landing, but the level of noise might've washed out his reply on why he didn't do it. The shotgun blasts from 4 or 5 guys into 2x10 man squad was insane.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:10 am 

Crap. We've been doing that wrong. I just checked the PDF and the book. I forgot about them with the first squad. Sorry Bax, I messed up with that on the second one. I owe you a beer next time we get up.

Bax's Mortificators and Sacred Warriors were beasts! I watched his Sacred Warriors murder a dark legion behemoth! And the stealthy little ninja mortificators were a complete pain in the ass to deal with as well. The soaked up enough firepower to kill another army on their own.

I had a great time playing with Bax and with Aces High. What a great bunch of guys. I hope we can have a game really soon when the campaign starts in CTC.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:24 am 

I am sure the Dark Legion will pay me back for the luck I had that day...

With the Airborne mix up: It doesn't matter. The point is that we all had fun. Even with barely knowing the rules, I had a much smoother and faster paced gaming experience than most other systems I've played.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:55 pm 

Looked like a pretty decent battle. I'm curious what what you're going to do now that airborne no longer have dropping shotguns. Thanks for posting the reports,love reading them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm 

Awesome table? Looks like it was a great battle

Quote:
Bax's Mortificators and Sacred Warriors were beasts!

Mortificators are really great. Good thing they are now unique because even if they can score objectives, their ability to dodge and murder are scary. Sacred are great too. There was a lot of complain about their loss of 1 wound on Facebook, but in the end they are still among the toughest units in the game, with hard hitting abilities, and very cheap.