It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Phagosith's Cybertronic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm 

Hello all.

Firstly I should fess up that I am Mark from the Prodos team. (AKA Prodos on here), but want to share my hobbying here as a hobbyist and not as examples of professional Prodos produced minis (they are far from good enough).

Our local club has started a mini narrative campaign where we build our own hero for max 100 points and get 100 points of troops:
Here is Dick Howkins (mentioned in the rulebook) and his Chasseurs:

Fluff for the campaign:
'The dour Dick Howkins was enhanced when he was duped to join the Cybertonic corporation. He became a Chasseur shortly afterwards.
Leadership skills became apparent in his first mission...where they will take him and the 5th Megacorporation is yet to be seen.
A man of few words, he has been upgraded many times, such approach to his new life seems to be an addiction,
will he become an armoured Chasseur or even an Everassur..only time and fortune will tell'

And here are my mirrormen (inc. Pieter Diamond), which will likely join Dick's force soon:

And for the fun of it I painted up some 1st Edition Blood Berets alongside Andrew Drougan:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:56 pm 

Looking good my friend! ;) I really like the yellow :D Keep us updated on your fortunes in the campaign!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm 

Awesome. Fantastic Blood Berets and I think you did a great job on the weathered yellows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:12 pm 

Holy 'LELLOW!!!
Nice work Dr. Mark!!!Loving those Blood Berets mate.My friend Ron and myself are going to do something similar campaign wise to cut our teeth on the rules.Keep us up to date!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:29 am 

Interesting colour schemes Mark, look forward to what you paint the rest up like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:44 pm 

Great work! Never thought of yellow as a colour scheme. They fit cybertronic quite nicely. Gives them an utility bot look.

Also nice conversion on that chasseur. Parts from a hussard chest plate and shoulder pads and a free marine head I'm guessing....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 pm 

Hi All

Feralzen: the female chasseur is made with legs from a chasseur torso and head from an etoiles mortant and arms and pads from a mirroman (cut down).

And here's my first attempt at a Mirage Generator. Using 2 Aluminium Rawplugs (for plaster board).:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:42 pm 

Thanks for the ideas on the conversions. On the amount of miniatures I'm getting I'll be sure to try some mix & match of my own.

Also, I do think I'll be borrowing your idea for the mirage generators. I got ton of those plugs at home that are just begging for a use.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:18 pm 

very good insight, especially for the mirror man, I approve even the bold yellow of the troops cyber