It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:12 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mark's FAQ stuff
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:43 pm 

Would like to confirm (and I think I'm right based on the book) that you cannot initiate a CC attack unless you previously did an Engage action. So, you cannot Rapid Deploy into CCWR and then make a CC attack unless you turn to burn to get an extra action and throw an Engage in between the Rapid Deploy and CC Attack. That would be except for the Scorpion who has special RD rules that apply to CC.

Mark Rapson confirmed is on the forum but I'd like to see it in the FAQ that LoS is obstructed by all models (friendly, enemy, same squad, different squad) and that you can not move through any models (friendly or otherwise) unless a special rule states otherwise.

The pop-up Scorpion was clarified on the forums but might be good to clarify when it's allowed to Burrow in the FAQ.

I think that's all I have. Thanks for doing this, Jim!

Mark

Post subject: Re: Mark's FAQ stuff
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:24 pm 

mtheurer wrote:
Would like to confirm (and I think I'm right based on the book) that you cannot initiate a CC attack unless you previously did an Engage action. So, you cannot Rapid Deploy into CCWR and then make a CC attack unless you turn to burn to get an extra action and throw an Engage in between the Rapid Deploy and CC Attack. That would be except for the Scorpion who has special RD rules that apply to CC.

You absolutely can initate a CC attack even if you didn't engage (as long as you have an action for it). You just don't get the engage bonus, or the double movement from using just one action. So you could, if you were out of LoS and couldn't use engage, move normally and then attack in CC, without any bonus. Predatory Senses is good because it allows you to use an engage action, (aka Mx2) even though can't see the opponent, this will however not net you the engage bonus (iirc).

Post subject: Re: Mark's FAQ stuff
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:30 pm 

You can use a CC Action vs. any model within your CCWR. The models are now engaged due to being in your CCWR.

You can also use an Engage Action which provides extra ST/AVV bonus (depending on base size) to the first RoA and allows MV x2. Drawbacks are you need LOS plus move at least your MV stat to get the bonus.

So a Scorpion can RD and any model within 2" (it's CCWR) will count as engaged. It then could use a CC Action vs. any models engaged.

BTW I'm helping Jim gather up all the FAQ's through out the Forum so if you got more let me know.