It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:10 am 

Ahhh... the facebook debate again. Like Dunnagh I don't get why this is such a hot potato.
If Mike prefers facebook and wants to post the battle report then it's his choice. If Prodos for the time being only have so much time and thinks that fb is a faster "forum" then by all means let them use fb. Those that want to be part of the fb community can simply create an account.

I don't have a facebook account, and as of now I'm not interested in creating one but I also fully understand that by not doing so I will be missing out of some things posted there. I'm very grateful that Prodos set up this forum (due to no facebook) but people have every right to post in the forum they prefer. :)

Some feel that they are left out due to updates are posted first on facebook, and probably feels that they are being forced into going to facebook. Now consider that forcing people to post here is just as bad as that...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 pm 

:P Just to be clear, my complaint is not with a customer using facebook to post a battle report. Mike actually did what I think Prodos should do.
Put it on facebook (as they find it easier/quicker) and then put a link here as this is supposed to be the Official forum.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 pm 

Sebulba wrote:
Ahhh... the facebook debate again. Like Dunnagh I don't get why this is such a hot potato.
If Mike prefers facebook and wants to post the battle report then it's his choice. If Prodos for the time being only have so much time and thinks that fb is a faster "forum" then by all means let them use fb. Those that want to be part of the fb community can simply create an account.

Because anyone with Facebook access will have seen this in their Facebook community already, the only people that will see it here for the first time are people without Facebook access and who then get presented with the wall blocking it. It's an issue because no one wants to see the forum flooded with posts that are unreadable, that's fine if he prefers to post the Battle Report just on Facebook, but then it shouldn't have an empty promotional post here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:14 pm 

Brother Jim wrote:
:P Just to be clear, my complaint is not with a customer using facebook to post a battle report. Mike actually did what I think Prodos should do.
Put it on facebook (as they find it easier/quicker) and then put a link here as this is supposed to be the Official forum.

Well this was a private battle between Mike and Jarek, I can't see why it matters that Jarek is part of Prodos or not. Neither of Mike or Jarek/Prodos are obliged to share that battle report anywhere. It's not really encouraging to post something if you get criticised for doing so....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:52 pm 

Obviously this wasn't a pay fi view battle or officially sponsored by anyone, but if its "private" then why are you posting it online period?

Alot of us love reading battle reports. It helps share the experience with others. It's weird when you say this group can read it but this one can't.

Obviously this will get straightened out in the hopefully near future but its really annoying to deal with at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:22 pm 

Well I meant private as in personal, not as in exclusive. Like if me and you would fight a battle...I wouldn't like if anyone demanded that I should post that battle report on site x or y, especially not since people are so opinionated about it.

I really think this situation is absurd. Getting bashed for posting a link to a Facebook battle report? If that's the response to expect here then no wonder there is more activity on Facebook...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm 

Posting a link is fine, just post one that works.