It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am 

Hello fellow player, with the Spiel in Essen I finally took the plunge an bought some nice Warzone Stuff (also in preparation for a Alien/Predator/Terminator Madness).

Anyways, I have a few questions before I buy more than just the starter and some mirrormen:

1) Does the Dr.Diana Commander come with different Cards (not the stat card obviously, but the 6 "upgrade" cards) or are they the same as the starter cards, as they only specify "Dr.Diana" but not Original/Clone/Neoclone

2) Any chance that the Enhanced Machinators will be upgraded in the future? For me they just lack in comparision to the newer sculpts but they seem very nice rulewise. Same goes for the scorpion, just sooo many parts ^^

3) I´ve seen the render for the voltigeur from the Spiel, how long does it usually take from a render to the model as I really like him designwise :D

Anyways, as we´re about to start out playing (I managed to drag 5 more people into warzone, but they kind of count on me to teach them) is it possible to use the Lord Version of all heroes instead of the Warlord version for some smaller starter games? Especially as the Brotherhood comes without a Warlord and the Brotherhood player decided to go with a crucifier instead of a proper, named warlord.

On to terrain, I´ve seen a lot of tables here on the forum but most of them seem very, well, empty for the recommended 50% terrain from the rulebook.
How would the dynamic of the game shift if we play on our Infinity Tables (example see below) or would we have to thin them out a lot.

Thanks for any help and answers :D

usual Infinity Table we play on:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 am 

Quote:
1) Does the Dr.Diana Commander come with different Cards (not the stat card obviously, but the 6 "upgrade" cards) or are they the same as the starter cards, as they only specify "Dr.Diana" but not Original/Clone/Neoclone

Different cards.

Quote:
3) I´ve seen the render for the voltigeur from the Spiel, how long does it usually take from a render to the model as I really like him designwise

Difficult to say, some renders took more than a year to become models (Icarus jetfighter) but usually it's a few months.

Quote:
is it possible to use the Lord Version of all heroes instead of the Warlord version for some smaller starter games?

The rules do not allow it. Of course you can make any house rule you want, but it might be difficult to decide what kind of a warlord some lords would count as - for rexample would the crucifier be trated as a close combat or psychic warlord (this changes the number of resources at your disposal)? But there is a pdf document called Heroes of the Solar System which allows players to make custom warlords so you can make a relatively cheap chasseur or inquisitor warlord. It should be in the downloads section on the Prodos site.

Quote:
How would the dynamic of the game shift if we play on our Infinity Tables (example see below)

I think that the infinity table you present should also work for WZR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:03 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply so I can for one order the Dr.Diana Commander, prepare for the Volti and can leave my tables pre-game no matter what we are going to play, good news all in all :D

And I totally forgot about the HotSS, even though the Warlord would probably need a Base upgrade but that should be the smallest problem