It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am 

My only exposure to this universe outside of the internet was the cover of the Mutant in Lunacy novel, and that was when I was far too young to effectively read adult level novels, so it never got read. I just looked at the big red guy on the front and thought, "Huh, he looks pretty cool." That novel has since vanished into oblivion.

Then I saw the kickstarter for Warzone when it was up and thought, "Huh, that looks pretty cool...Mutant Chronicles? There's more to it?" but never really looked into it beyond that.

And now that I've invested in AvP and actually taken more time to look at Prodos' range of Warzone models, I'm really interested in taking the step forward and trying it out too, but the only thing stopping me is that I can't find any decent source of information about the game's universe. I don't particularly want in-depth fluff on par with what comes in the books, but I need more than the barebones summary of "Five Megacorporations spread across the Solar System fighting off the Dark Legion and hating eachother too. Also, Dark Symmetry jacks up tech beyond a certain level, so everything is Dieselpunk."

When I try to get more info online, the only things that seem to want to appear are the Sci-fi spin off movie and the Doom Troopers SNES game. I'm sure neither of those are the bountiful pools of knowledge I seek, so...help, please?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 am 

http://www.mutantpedia.com/eng/ - great source of information

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 am 

That's an excellent link. I would suggest the RPG is a good source of info (Mutantpedia has 1st ed which is good, but there is a new one being developed by Modiphius).

Another source is the various fan-made stuff that floats around. It can be helpful to shine a light into some of the darker corners of the universe.

I'm a huge fan of the pieces of short fiction that come laced through the rulebooks- in my opinion, they really bring the world to life. You can find more on these forums as 'new original fiction' pieces, and more in the issues of CTC Magazine that you'll also find announced on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 pm 

Hey, thanks a bunch!

I wasn't expecting it to contain the actual books, but that's even better. I do very much appreciate the help.
Are the "new original fiction" pieces official?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:36 pm 

Hi @MiffedMonkey1. In the page of the Spanish Community of Mutant Chronicles you have a lot of information about the background, factions and more. Obviously, it is in spanish.

http://www.mutantchronicles.es

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:54 am 

@Miffed Monkey, no, the fiction is not 'official'. However, CTC Magazine and original fiction pieces are written 95% correct to the context provided in the current versions of Warzone and Mutant Chronicles RPG. Any gaps in those published versions, I use 1st ed RPG, then 1st ed Warzone, then 2nd ed Warzone, then UUS.