It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:49 am 

Hi there!

I'm looking to purchase few custom terrain pieces to do a ''snow map'' for my Warzone game, so I though Pluton would be a great background.

However, I am lacking in inspirations: Is there any corporate bases on Pluto, like a mining facility or something? Is it terra-formed? A rapid search showed some great lookig tree and water falls (For inspiration), but is In Game Pluton something else than a ice desert?

Thank for your thoughts!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:58 am 

Just find out there no real human presence past the asteroid belt, according to Imperial fluff. Sorry pluton, you lose again :S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:53 pm 

Yeah, past the asteroids there's not a lot. However, on both Venus and Mars there are polar regions, and people who dwell there. Particularly on Venus, the upper and lower latitudes offer some reprieve from the heat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:14 am 

Yup, fluff-wise, no human faction has any permanent presence on Pluto and going there is forbidden by the Brotherhood. The corporations don't always listen to the don't-go-there part though. Pluto is pretty much the Legion's home turf so setting up shop there would be beyond stupid and crazy in the extreme, but it is highly likely that most of the corporations have sent (near suicidal) expeditions there in search of old tech or info that they think might help them fight the Legion or their human rivals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:55 pm 

Use Ganyamedes instead. It has wide snow/ice fields and majestic pine forests, if you want to spice up the field that way.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:49 pm 

@Zanjarah
That's a great idea. I remember reading somewhere in the fluff that a few moons of Jupiter were terraformed. I'm imagining worlds that haven't been completely terraformed yet. Gravity? Check! Magnetosphere? Check! Breathable atmosphere? Check! Environmental conditions so hostile they make large scale human settlement impossible? Hmm...

Sort of like Hoth from Star Wars on one end of the spectrum and Crematoria from Chronicles of Riddick on the other end.

I've started working on a sort of "crystal forest" (a bit like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Crystals) by 3D-printing a crystal formation I found on Thingiverse. If you have a 3D-printer (or know someone who has one), that website has tons of terrain pieces. Some rescaling and clean up of the model is usually in order though, but that's really minor work compared to spending hours carving construction foam and then weeks picking up pieces since no matter how well you hoover afterwards, that shizzle gets in _everywhere_.