It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Some Newbie Questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:31 pm 

Hi

First of all i just have played 1 game so far and i really enjoyed it.
All my questions came up while reading throgh the rule book wich i think is sometimes quite confusing :D.

1. What happens when i fail the broken LD test? Do they still run and what happens if the squad reaches the game border?

2. Is a model engaged when an enemy is in its CCRW but the model itself is out of the CCRW of the enemy?

3. Is it posible to engage with a move action? Can i just walk near an enemy so that I'm engaged?

4. What are the AP costs of a Closecombat action for vehicles? I cant find the description of the CC-Action for vehicles. Logicaly it should be 1 AP but u never know.

5. Is Critical Damage and Critical Force the same thing? And do Models suffer the (x) wounds when i hit them with Crit. Force/Damage (x) and they fail their AV test?

Thanks
and sorry for my english not native :D

VoDDster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 pm 

Going to answer the ones I know off the top of my head.

2. Yes, if either model can reach the other, both are engaged.

3.Yes, you can walk, run, teleport, rapid deploy, fall or what ever into CCWR and engage one or more enemies. You forfeit your engage bonus that way though as well as any bonus or skill that depends on making an engage action.

5. They basically work the same way, i.e. multiplying damage. The difference is that critical force only works on flesh and blood creatures and critical damage only works on vehicles. A weapon with St 15, AVV 4, critical damage (3) does strength 15 hit on an infantry soldier and a failed armour test (-5)results on a single point of damage. Against a vehicle, the same weapon would deal a massive three structure points worth of damage if the vehicle failed a single armour test (-4)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:37 pm 

Much thanks !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:17 am 

Had a look at the other questions and there doesn't seem to be an answer for #1. The whole Morale section of the main rules seem a bit incomplete and the errata says nothing useful on the subject. The author seems to have gone on a coffee break at that point and then forgotten what he was doing. I suggest you and your group come up with a house rule in the meantime. My suggestion is that if the squad fail their second test to recover, they have to run again. If they run off the table, they count as casualties for body count purposes etc.

On #4 I agree with you. Once again, the author seems to have gone on a coffee break while writing that section. Your interpretations seems as sound as any though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:18 am 

Maybe i should write a mail to the devs :D

Yeah sad but with a littlebit of thinking about house rules its no problems to overcome this gaps in the rules.

greetings Voddster