It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Imperial 1.2 available
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:34 pm 

Chock full of good stuff.

Some highlights from a quick read:

Campaign medals toned down and simplified. One per squad and now free. Many have been changed, often with a drawback to balance being free.

Mercurian medal of honor: no more Troop Golden Lions, especially with their new cost.

Timothy is cheaper as a Lord choice was 200, now 160. Brig. Rist is cheaper. Isaac Alfreds is cheaper. Bert Enshaw cheaper. Doomtroopers are both cheaper.

Imperial officer Lord is cheaper and both versions have much improved ribbon token production. He's definitely worth putting on the field now.

Nco now has Forward Observer. Very nice with the Greyhounds.

Trenchers have Pathfinder!

Skipped over Stormtrenchers for now.

ISF were probably my favorite troop in the game, they still are. Modifications to the campaign medals meant some modifications to ISF Specializations. All I can say is Charmed, Spearhead, Heavy Armor, the addition of Mastiff Master to Cc Warlords, and the Tech warlord option changes are excellent.

Blood Berets officer gets medic 4 instead of 3 for 15 points.

Life Dragoons price increased, but now you can indirect fire the mortar and there are more Forward Observer options in the army.

Grey Ghost combat knife was changed.

Corporate Agents...cool!

Golden Lions now 195 points....nice (agree they were overpriced). And they gained Fearless.

Greyhound is now 75, BUT armor nerfed and rear AV modifier is now -3.

Hurricane lost Condensed Discharge (boo! Understandable, but still boo!) and gained Clear the Legs if you take the gun nest.

Didn't delve into Wolfbanes: I have yet to use or buy any. I'll leave that to a Wolfbane player to sort out.

Overall, I like the changes and I'm ready to see how other factions get treated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:41 pm 

Link for v1.2

http://calc.prodos.co.uk/photos/imperial.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:37 am 

Woah, huge changes!!

Hurricane walker can use its anti-heal or anti-vehicle ability for free, at the END of its activation! That is a major buff to the EMP and radiation tops! Wowowowow!

Imperial looks very strong now. Can't wait to see more imperial players!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 pm 

Gotta TTB with the Dome, so not exactly free.

One issue with the Trenchers and NCO:

The NCO did not get Pathfinder.

Guess he doesn't like to get his boots muddy.

Last edited by AcesHigh on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:16 pm 

I have just finished a first run of this new army book. I haven't analyse it very deeply, especialy since I have play only one game or Warzone resurection so far.

Imperial seems to be a very strong faction now, trenchers that can dig in, gas weapon, all kind of weapons/characters that ignore cover, autoshotgun with ROF 2, endles pilling up of upgrades (medals/wolfbane rites+squad upgrade+customisation+wolfbane owl) = units with +4CC, +3RS, heal 2 and AVV5.
It also seems that those high quality combinations comme with a cost that lead me to think that it is not as overpowerd as it seems. Imperials is in fact a highly modulable army that allow you to choose betwenn a hord of poorly prepared grunts and a small troop of higly trained psychopath with claws and clawmore.

Plus, I think that the incoming renovation of other faction lists will level up enough to counterbalance all that.

As a capitolian, I appreciate the access to the corporate agent for every coprorations who can ease the survability of their warlord .

My only concern is about the enourmous amount of special rules for them : medals system, customisation of ISF, token from the NCO, token for Wolfbane, special rules that implies the use of token on the field (smoke bomb, ammo dump...). All those rules may make the game difficult to ballance and may also slow the game.

All that appreciations need to be proven on the battlefield of course.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:08 pm 

@AcesHigh, maybe that downside to the NCO is just the price you pay as well? With the changes to the banners, etc you can potentially get 3 ribbon tokens per enemy casualty, and your Chargers will be reaping them at up to 24" away now. The NCO has a lot going for them, whereas before they were a 'I'll struggle to include this' model.

@Doc, You're right about modularity. That lines up well with the fluff, making Imperial a faction that can be taken as a force of a single Clan, the ministry, the Wolf dens, or a mix of the above. Other factions won't be so flexible as that, I would assume, but you never know. I think that the other factions are likely to get rebalanced before they get their books, but Ilian and Mishima have both been mentioned as the next candidates to get a full book. I'm excited about Mishima- no doubt we will see the classic units like Ashigaru, Bushido samurai, Warheads and Dragonbikes make a comeback, but it will be interesting to see what's new (including a Mishima heavy!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:25 pm 

ADG_Wraith wrote:
@AcesHigh, maybe that downside to the NCO is just the price you pay as well? With the changes to the banners, etc you can potentially get 3 ribbon tokens per enemy casualty, and your Chargers will be reaping them at up to 24" away now. The NCO has a lot going for them, whereas before they were a 'I'll struggle to include this' model

Yea, they definitely went from an easy exclusion on the list to essential in a ribbon build. Certainly elevated Trenchers in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:10 pm 

The trenchers change really pissed me off.

Pathfinder is nice but i'd vastly prefer my HMG. Theyre now as expensive as they were decked out in medals if you want your two HMGs which is so dumb. I always considered them a sub-par troop before the nerf, now i hate them even more.

Hurricane Walker didnt lose its discharge rule technically. One of the things you didnt mention is Gas is reworked. It now has a strength value but it wounds against Con rather than Armor, like psychic powers against WP instead of armor. Still has the "must have AVV greater than -" to hurt vehicles though. Hurricane Walker is strenght14 gas, which has the same effect as before.

Thankfully, since they added a blurb saying you cant mix and match Wolfbane and MoW cards unless theyre unit specific and you have that unit, they made Gas Grenades a general card both can use. I desperately wanted that gear card for my trenchers lol it makes no sense that theyre modeled with grenades and have 0 rules for it.

Oh and on the note of medals.....NOOOO!! THEY REMOVED MY MARE VAPORUM MEDAL!! ok admittedly it was pretty op for the cost but still agghhh i had more luck with that Con Test on 1-2 causing damage than my trenchers normal gun did lol.